: Missing the V

isakhanyan
04-15-13, 02:28 PM
I have had my ATS for about 2 months now and overall I am happy with the car but it is just not enough power for me. I leased the car on purpose so that I would not spend money on tuning the car.

I was thinking of doing a lease transfer and picking up a second gen V.
I dont know how lease transfers work so I thought I would ask here.
I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo, 6Spd Manual, Cue. Thunder Gray Chromoflair paint color. Just tinted the windows 20 in the rear and 35 in the front.
I have a 36 Month lease/ 10k miles per year.

My payment is 298 a month

grasshopper
04-15-13, 09:19 PM
I know what you mean. My girlfriend and I miss our V terribly.

Don't get me wrong: ATS is a very nice car, especially in the interior quality and connectivity. But the sound and feel of that V8...tingling through that 6 speed row...

Man...I miss that girl...

romanats
04-15-13, 09:54 PM
same hear sold my g8 gt and just leaced a 2.0 ATS but miss my v8 ATS is a really nice car but having hard time getting used to it. MY leace is $285 nothing down but i really want to give it a chance before i make any desission of putting it up. So i guess there is going to be guys hear with same V8 taste as me

b4z
04-15-13, 11:37 PM
I think there are some things cadillac could do to make the ats's motor hit a little harder, instead of being so linear. Probably a little more boost and a little less tq. Management would help. Also work with the gearing some. Or maybe just make the 2.5l a turbo as well and pick up a little off the line power.

ben.gators
04-16-13, 04:12 AM
Speak with the dealership, they might be able to help. As another option, take a look at this website:
http://www.leasetrader.com/

you yourself can transfer your lease to someone else, take over another person's lease, or trade.

isakhanyan
04-16-13, 12:27 PM
Speak with the dealership, they might be able to help. As another option, take a look at this website:
http://www.leasetrader.com/

you yourself can transfer your lease to someone else, take over another person's lease, or trade.

Thanks ill check it out

----------

I know what you mean. My girlfriend and I miss our V terribly.

Don't get me wrong: ATS is a very nice car, especially in the interior quality and connectivity. But the sound and feel of that V8...tingling through that 6 speed row...

Man...I miss that girl...

Lol I agree, I want my V8 back.
The way I look at it, my monthly payment is pretty low I am pretty sure I can get someone to take it over without a problem. Just need to search for the right V now.

exesivefire
04-17-13, 11:47 PM
Glad I'm not the only one....

Love my ats, but now that the new car charm wore off, I miss the ls3 that was in my g8.

The 2.0t is just not what I hoped it would be. To make it worse I got a 3.6 as a loaner and immediately regretted not getting the v6.

I have been shopping for a vette, but I purchased. So I'm screwed I think.

IBMike
04-18-13, 03:10 AM
I've been searching for a used V since October (I'm deployed and don't get home until August, so I haven't been in a hurry, just researching). I was pretty sure I was set on getting a V, but then I read a review of the ATS from someone that has a V and they made me consider getting an ATS. I'm not a motorhead and have no interest in modifying whatever I end up getting. I love to drive and whatever I buy will get driven; not looking for something to sit in my garage and look cool. Never had a high performance vehicle or a muscle car. I want a V because it is THE V! So now I'm torn between the ATS which sounds much more refined with a better interior or a bit rougher and dated interior that kiss some serious ass.

I am going home on R&R next month and plan on driving both... might be in a better position to be happy with the ATS, since I won't know what I'm missing already having a V. This post caught my eye, being from people that had a V and now regret giving it up.

I've been hanging out on the V section of the board, but now I've got to get caught up on what the scoop is with the ATS in this section of the board.

Good thing I've got until August to figure it all out... lol

Fraggy
04-18-13, 11:07 AM
If you end up with ATS get the 3.6, I wish I had.

Pie R Squared
04-18-13, 01:00 PM
I was thinking of going with 3.6 but for some reason been holding back. Girl friend has been giving me a hard time about a Cadillac and kids think I should go the C7 route. Now it is just finding a dealer willing to do a GMS.

IBMike
04-19-13, 03:23 AM
Between this thread and reading posts on the V side of the house, I am seriously on the fence on which way to go. I've been looking for a 12 CTS-V, but maybe I'll lower my standards, find a great deal on an 09/10, play with that for a year or two until the ATS-V and CTS-Vsport are on the streets and decide which of those would be a better option for my retirement vehicle. Then I can get having a V out of my system and decide it I really want that much power. I like being comfortable and gadets, so the newer technology is definitely a draw; just gotta decide how much power I want to go with it!

isakhanyan
04-19-13, 03:34 PM
I've been searching for a used V since October (I'm deployed and don't get home until August, so I haven't been in a hurry, just researching). I was pretty sure I was set on getting a V, but then I read a review of the ATS from someone that has a V and they made me consider getting an ATS. I'm not a motorhead and have no interest in modifying whatever I end up getting. I love to drive and whatever I buy will get driven; not looking for something to sit in my garage and look cool. Never had a high performance vehicle or a muscle car. I want a V because it is THE V! So now I'm torn between the ATS which sounds much more refined with a better interior or a bit rougher and dated interior that kiss some serious ass.

I am going home on R&R next month and plan on driving both... might be in a better position to be happy with the ATS, since I won't know what I'm missing already having a V. This post caught my eye, being from people that had a V and now regret giving it up.

I've been hanging out on the V section of the board, but now I've got to get caught up on what the scoop is with the ATS in this section of the board.

Good thing I've got until August to figure it all out... lol

The ATS is a very nice car. Interior is fantastic and CUE works for me with no problems. However, and this is a big deal for me at least is the lack of power. I had an 05 V and the power was great, when you punched it you feel the power. Get a V you will not be disappointed!

marktanner
04-20-13, 05:09 PM
I had an '09 CTS-V with a manual, and gave it up for my manual ATS Premium two months ago. Certainly, it's a very different car. One can't expect a car with half the power to give the same feeling as a car with 556 hp and 551 lb/ft of torque. Is it powerless? Absolutely not. It's just in a different powerband than I'm used to. Despite the peak torque rating starting at 1500, you don't really feel it until 3000+. Then there is plenty of shove, as much as most people could safely use on the street. While I loved the feeling of limitless power, at almost any RPM, I also realized that I could almost never use most of it. Meaning, I could never floor it. Too much power for traffic, and the rev limiter comes up really fast. I had to short shift all the time to keep out of the power, especially to protect my license.

After a period of adjustment, I have relearned how to request power, by down-shifting and flooring it. How novel. What have I gained? Well, for starters, I'm getting much better mileage, and my range is now quite reasonable, close to 400 miles per tankful. Plus, the car is much more maneuverable in traffic, and easier to park, all because of the smaller size. The handling is pretty similar to the V, and the ride is almost as good, so I'm not missing much there. The brakes are quite good, too, at least for the street. The build quality is definitely better than my V. The Performance seats are as comfortable as my Recaros were, and easier to get in and out of, though they don't hold me quite as securely at higher Gs. The Nav system is a bit harder to learn/use at times, but it's performance is considerably better than the system in the CTS.

The ATS is a good city car, and is capable of the performance I need while being much cheaper to own and run. Will I consider the ATS-V in the future? Yes, though I'm not sure it will fulfill my needs any better. I may consider a tune for my current car, and maybe some other mods, too, but overall, I'm pretty happy.

mikesul
04-20-13, 06:02 PM
With Pfadt showing 400rwhp for their add-on package and up to 450 you would not be missing the "V".

isakhanyan
04-23-13, 11:36 AM
With Pfadt showing 400rwhp for their add-on package and up to 450 you would not be missing the "V".

Ya but now we are back to modding and that is something I want to avoid.
Also, IMHO the ATS does not sound that great and putting an exhaust on would just make it feel like a rice rocket.

mikesul
04-23-13, 01:36 PM
You don't have to be loud to be fast, think CTS-V.

isakhanyan
04-24-13, 02:57 AM
You don't have to be loud to be fast, think CTS-V.

I agree, but the natural sound of a cts-v vs. ATS, which is better.

YoshiFD3S
04-29-13, 03:14 AM
You guys are literally comparing apples to oranges....a 2.0T 4 cylinder to a supercharged V8. Oy vey.

My brother just bought a brand new CTS-V sedan and I just picked up my ATS 2.0T manual on Friday.

My other car is the 2011 Sonata 2.0T. The motors are essentially the same in theory, both are direct-injected 2.0L turbo 4-cylinders.

I've been a recognized pioneer in the Sonata community as the guinea pig for Injen, Borla, and the first custom ECU tune.

The Sonata is rocking an easy 300+HP and stil gets 30+ MPG's on the highway all day.

This car is exactly the same. It's fun enough out of the box, but I agree that it simply needs another 50+ to really be satisfying.

For me, I fully intend to go with a custom-fabricated intercooler/BOV setup, full 2.5 or 3" exhaust, and a tune. 350rwhp in a 6-speed manual...yeah, that's all I need.

From my brief time on these forums since purchasing my car I get the feeling you guys were simply wanting more from the car without having to do anything TO it.

I suppose my only real suggestion would be to trade it in either for the ATS-V when it comes out, or just for the CTS-V that you guys seem to be more fond of. lol

You guys DID test-drive the car before buying it right? lol

bluecrayon
05-01-13, 11:07 PM
This whole thread is interesting to me. I went from a 97 z28 to an ats 3.6. I really wanted a v but it wasn't really in the cards and I really liked the look of the ats. The 3.6 is certainly fast but still doesn't feel as fast as my z28 even though it has 35 more hp and a few hundred lbs lighter. I think it has more to do with how to drive it. I think they purposely power them where they are to make people consider something faster. Like 50 more hp it would be the perfect car but then they wouldn't sell the high performance models. I'm looking forward to eventually checking out an ats-v but if I've learned anything recently, no v6 will substitute for a v8 for some of us.

isakhanyan
05-03-13, 05:10 PM
You guys are literally comparing apples to oranges....a 2.0T 4 cylinder to a supercharged V8. Oy vey.

My brother just bought a brand new CTS-V sedan and I just picked up my ATS 2.0T manual on Friday.

My other car is the 2011 Sonata 2.0T. The motors are essentially the same in theory, both are direct-injected 2.0L turbo 4-cylinders.

I've been a recognized pioneer in the Sonata community as the guinea pig for Injen, Borla, and the first custom ECU tune.

The Sonata is rocking an easy 300+HP and stil gets 30+ MPG's on the highway all day.

This car is exactly the same. It's fun enough out of the box, but I agree that it simply needs another 50+ to really be satisfying.

For me, I fully intend to go with a custom-fabricated intercooler/BOV setup, full 2.5 or 3" exhaust, and a tune. 350rwhp in a 6-speed manual...yeah, that's all I need.

From my brief time on these forums since purchasing my car I get the feeling you guys were simply wanting more from the car without having to do anything TO it.

I suppose my only real suggestion would be to trade it in either for the ATS-V when it comes out, or just for the CTS-V that you guys seem to be more fond of. lol

You guys DID test-drive the car before buying it right? lol

LOL, I did test drive the car and thought I could live with it.
The handling on the ATS is fantastic but the lack of power makes me want to cry (manly cry)

I already started looking for a CTS-V, once I find a used one with the configuration I want, I will dump the ATS

ATS20T
05-04-13, 02:00 AM
The handling on the ATS is fantastic but the lack of power makes me want to cry (manly cry)

I already started looking for a CTS-V, once I find a used one with the configuration I want, I will dump the ATS

Yawn.

isakhanyan
05-05-13, 04:12 AM
Yawn.

You a f*g?

ATS20T
05-05-13, 12:40 PM
You a f*g?

Dunno. What is a f*g?

M5eater
05-05-13, 01:38 PM
You a f*g?
I would suggest discontinuing this conversation. Now.

As for the OP, you essentially have two choices.

1) sell the car and Transfer the lease (remaining payments plus a fee are typical) this would be the best way out as it costs the least amount of money, but it's totally dependent on you finding a seller and them qualifying for the same lease rates. *some* lease agreements stipulate that you may become liable for the payments again should the new leasor fail to make their payments as well.

2) return the car and pay the difference between the remaining lease payments and the value of the vehicle.

In my particular situation this is about $8-9,000... which of course is extremely costly, but occasionally there are certain incentives that popup to alleviate this. That's how I got out of my last lease where I was under the loan by 10K, an Ally incentive that provided $6,600 in the form of a cost-cap reduction allowed me to step into my new lease for only $3K down and a $50 increase in the monthly payment.

My suggestion? Try to transfer the lease.

thebigjimsho
05-06-13, 04:32 PM
I sold my 630hp V. A 2.0T ATS would appeal to me. But maybe that's because I drive a Town Car for a living...

NipponSteel
05-06-13, 05:22 PM
Pm ns

M5eater
05-07-13, 10:59 AM
I sold my 630hp V. A 2.0T ATS would appeal to me. But maybe that's because I drive a Town Car for a living...

holy.. you sold it? D=

I can't say anything I suppose, Mine's about to kick off as well.

thebigjimsho
05-07-13, 02:18 PM
Yeah, tis sad.

bluecrayon
05-09-13, 10:45 PM

Oh man. Sadly I might have to agree. I don't want to sound unappreciative because I love my car but after only 500 miles I might be already be regretting getting it. I mean it's by far nicer than any car I've ever owned but it might just not be fast enough. I test drove it for 48 hours and thought it would be fine but my 97 z28 still feels faster. The ats has 40 more hp and 300 lbs lighter so I can't see how that's possible. Maybe the caddy just doesn't feel as fast because it's so much smoother and quieter? My camaro has run the quarter in about 14 flat. I believe the 3.6 awd is supposed to run about the same. I'm already thinking ats-v. Is that bad since I just got my ats 2 weeks ago?

Rifle and rucksack
05-10-13, 11:52 PM
After reading most of the posts here and my feelings on the car, I don't think we miss the power or speed of our v8s I think it is more of the sound and bruit force of the v8 engine. The problem I have had is getting used to driving a v6 period. It is plenty fast and has good power but the scream of a v6 will never sound as good as a roaring v8. I went from a Chevy avalanche with a 5.3 and a corsa exhaust to the 3.6. They both have about the same HP, the 5.3 just had more torque. I still own a 2011 Hyundai genesis with the 4.6 liter engine(385 HP ) and trust me it feels stronger but my ATS and it have about the same 0-60 times because the genesis is heavier. I guess we have to remember that the ATS was built around the BMW 3 series which always had a 4 or a 6 cylinder engine which also attracted different types of people who for the most part did not buy American muscle cars.

ATS20T
05-11-13, 02:24 PM
I guess we have to remember that the ATS was built around the BMW 3 series which always had a 4 or a 6 cylinder engine which also attracted different types of people who for the most part did not buy American muscle cars.

Exactly.

Eshootom
05-13-13, 12:13 PM
I have the same feeling. I went from a BMW 540 M sport to the ATS 2.0 Turbo. Blew a head gasket in the 540 which was WAY to expensive to fix so I had to get something quick and wound up leasing the ATS. I like the car a lot in many ways but miss that V8 power. That said, my neighbor has an M5 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi edition. He said the Hemi was a dog at first and very disappointing until he spoke with a Mopar expert who told him that once the break in period ends to get out and hit the car really hard on a long drive for a weekend. That the ECU would reset to a more performance oriented set up. My neighbor told me he did so and the performance of the Jeep is night and day. Thinking the same may be true for the ATS. I have 1300 miles on it so only 200 more before I go after this puppy something fierce.

Fraggy
05-13-13, 02:48 PM
It's nice to dream...

exesivefire
05-16-13, 11:11 PM
I have the same feeling. I went from a BMW 540 M sport to the ATS 2.0 Turbo. Blew a head gasket in the 540 which was WAY to expensive to fix so I had to get something quick and wound up leasing the ATS. I like the car a lot in many ways but miss that V8 power. That said, my neighbor has an M5 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi edition. He said the Hemi was a dog at first and very disappointing until he spoke with a Mopar expert who told him that once the break in period ends to get out and hit the car really hard on a long drive for a weekend. That the ECU would reset to a more performance oriented set up. My neighbor told me he did so and the performance of the Jeep is night and day. Thinking the same may be true for the ATS. I have 1300 miles on it so only 200 more before I go after this puppy something fierce.

Hate to break it to you... I had about 8500 miles on my car when I traded it in. It didn't change...