: New to the caddy world looking for some help!!!

JOEYG_911
04-15-13, 03:07 AM
I have recently purchased a 65 cadillac calais and being a noob i know nothing about this modle, or the parts for it. 1st questions do only calais parts fit this model or do other parts cross fit? 2nd what are some good places to find parts for this car?

disturbio
04-15-13, 04:41 AM
Welcome to the world of Cadillac.... You have essentially the base model 65 though they can still be high optioned cars _ look at this link, pretty helpfull in the breakdown of every model. http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

A good bit of your mechanical and body parts will be the same as a devilles.... It would help to know what parts ya need too, but opg has a good selection, as does rock auto and USA parts...

I drive a 69 convertible now, my third caddy, as with all classics you will soon find what is and isn't readily available aftermarket. Don't forget eBay and caddydaddy, capt. Cadillac etc. for good used stuff. Welcome to the world of Cadillac!

JOEYG_911
04-15-13, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the help! I will try to keep posted on progress, the body is very straight little rust.... Big supprise been throught 40+ years of south dakota winters, but looks like it will be a electrical nightmare. Just need to find the motivation to rip into this beast.