: XM Radio Quit

hotrodln
04-14-13, 09:26 PM
So the xm stopped working in the 04. I'm tempted to pull the radio out to check the ant leads in the back. This unit was replaced under warrantee alongtime ago. Maybe the ant pulled out? We also tried having XM resend a signal- no help. Any suggestions? thanks pat

the cadillac man
04-14-13, 11:03 PM
So the xm stopped working in the 04. I'm tempted to pull the radio out to check the ant leads in the back. This unit was replaced under warrantee alongtime ago. Maybe the ant pulled out? We also tried having XM resend a signal- no help. Any suggestions? thanks pat

The xm radio tuner is a separate module and is not integrated into the head unit it is behind the dash on the passenger side and does require the dash being removed to get to it

hotrodln
04-14-13, 11:10 PM
so there's no reaching up in there to see if the ant cable is loose?

the cadillac man
04-15-13, 02:10 AM
so there's no reaching up in there to see if the ant cable is loose?

Is the radio displaying xm error if yes then it's the tuner if its showing searching for signal then it's the antenna

But there isn't a easy way to do what you want to do(that requires taking the dash apart just to access the tuner module which btw is vin encoded)

hotrodln
04-15-13, 08:34 AM
the radio just says " no xm signal".......about a year ago i had a message one day that said "weak xm signal" but never saw it again. I may just bring it to my local caddy dealer. I've spent quite a bit of time Under this beast lately!

SiriusXM
04-15-13, 11:00 AM
Hi there-
Could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

the cadillac man
04-15-13, 12:11 PM
the radio just says " no xm signal".......about a year ago i had a message one day that said "weak xm signal" but never saw it again. I may just bring it to my local caddy dealer. I've spent quite a bit of time Under this beast lately!

Most likely the antenna is bad

wesyder
04-15-13, 12:29 PM
Hi there-
Could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Service with a smile

the cadillac man
04-15-13, 01:49 PM
Service with a smile

They are good in taking care of the listeners I am a subscriber to the service myself

hotrodln
04-15-13, 02:14 PM
they already called the house! but i was out....we'll see. a new antennae would be fine with me!

the cadillac man
04-15-13, 06:51 PM
they already called the house! but i was out....we'll see. a new antennae would be fine with me!

As long as you don't get the xm error you won't have to worry about the tuner module needing replacing.

hotrodln
04-15-13, 08:32 PM
As long as you don't get the xm error you won't have to worry about the tuner module needing replacing. no xm error..so that's good. sounds like changing the ant would be a pain in the neck.....but then again changing the fuel pump wasn't much fun either! i wonder if there's a write up for changing it?

the cadillac man
04-15-13, 10:06 PM
no xm error..so that's good. sounds like changing the ant would be a pain in the neck.....but then again changing the fuel pump wasn't much fun either! i wonder if there's a write up for changing it?

I'd leave that work to a dealer unless you like removing the headliner much more tricked then dropping the fuel tank as the sucker is glued to the roof

hotrodln
04-15-13, 10:39 PM
I'm sure i will leave it to the dealer- even though i'm resonably sure that they won't be as careful as i would be! but we'll see. they did some nice work on our CTS .

the cadillac man
04-15-13, 11:10 PM
I'm sure i will leave it to the dealer- even though i'm resonably sure that they won't be as careful as i would be! but we'll see. they did some nice work on our CTS .

The local dealer I go to has always took great care of my truck
Work like this is best for them as they know how to remove the headliner without messing it up

hotrodln
04-16-13, 08:09 AM
The local dealer I go to has always took great care of my truck
Work like this is best for them as they know how to remove the headliner without messing it up

sounds like good advice! i wouldn't want to mess up the wife's headliner!

the cadillac man
04-16-13, 01:23 PM
sounds like good advice! i wouldn't want to mess up the wife's headliner!

Yikes I would even think of touching her truck in fear of the possible outcome
The headliner can sag if not put back in right(it does slightly in my dads h2 just behind the sunroof(not cool))