: Newbie question about air ride system

gwapito69
04-14-13, 08:06 PM
just got a 2006 escalade few days ago then yesterday i got a service ride control message. So i looked at the rear shocks and this is what i found. Does this look like its shot? Never had an air ride before so im not sure if it shot or not. there is a hole/rupture on the bottom of the boot. I have attached some pics for reference.

the cadillac man
04-14-13, 08:30 PM
just got a 2006 escalade few days ago then yesterday i got a service ride control message. So i looked at the rear shocks and this is what i found. Does this look like its shot? Never had an air ride before so im not sure if it shot or not. there is a hole/rupture on the bottom of the boot. I have attached some pics for reference.

The shocks will need replacing along with the compressor arnotts has great pricing on them
Most likely the shocks leaked which in turn worn the compressor out

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-15-13, 08:48 PM

Hello gwapito69,

I hope you are enjoying your 2006 Escalade. I am sorry you have an issue with your rear shocks. I recommend taking your vehicle into a local dealership for them to properly diagnose your vehicle concern. If you would like me to locate a dealer and set up an appointment let me know! Have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service