: iPhone screen Mimic in our cars..

RaVeNous
04-14-13, 04:22 PM
Anyone know of a solution that allows touch screen access in a mimicked form. iSimple does have a video solution but you're still controlling from the iphone.

Emile
07-25-13, 07:34 AM
Have you tried the isimple one yet?

bbradyc5
07-25-13, 06:31 PM
I have the necessary items sitting in my mods pile to be able to be able to implement the below youtube video's functionality (lockpick w/aux video input support, mimicsx2 Bluetooth touch screen controller and HDMI D/A av converter). Just debating whether I want to tear into factory nav display module to tap into touchscreen cable or whether I can just live with using phone touch screen...I think I am going to give it a shot once I hav my Vagon built/delivered in a few months (also need to jailbreak iPhone to work with MimicX2 hardware). Worst case is I jack up the pop up display and have to order a replacement from a salvage yard for a few hundred bucks. If it all turns out like in the video, I would take this setup over any factory system out on the market today.

http://youtu.be/Y-RXu6EFbvc

Emile
07-30-13, 07:39 AM
Where did you buy the kit from?

bbradyc5
07-30-13, 02:43 PM
Where did you buy the kit from?

Got the coastaltech video lockpick from solid signal online, this unit which enables nav screen video while driving and provides an aux video input (this item is fairly simple install, just need to remove radio and get access to back of head unit. I ordered the MimicX2 Bluetooth touch screen adapter kit from CustomGadz. which is a much more involved install and requires disassembly of the nav screen itself to get access to touchscreen ribbon cable on circuit board. Also need to jailbreak iPhone in order to install landscape screen rotator app in order for it to display properly on factory screen. You can go just the lockpick route and using a HDMI to analog video converter and proper video out cables for your phone, display your phone to factory nav display. The MimicsX2 allows you to use the factory nav touchscreen to control your phone touchscreen via Bluetooth like in the video.