: SRX problems

jcarrme
04-14-13, 12:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had as many problems with their SRX as I have had with mine. I bought my 2008 SRX in December of 2007. It currently has 63,000 mile son it. So far I have had 3 universal joints go bad along with 2 wheel bearings, several tire rods, the steering wheel has been replaced twice and most recently the timing chain has been replaced. I thought Cadillac made a quality product, I was wrong. This is my first and last Cadillac.

08SRX
04-14-13, 02:12 PM
I too have a 2008 SRX and find that there are very few issues. The quality is obviously better than that of most manufacturers, so you have to put things in perspective. How did the previous owner treat this vehicle?

TimRSRX777
04-14-13, 02:53 PM
You are stereotyping one complete brand because of a bad experience with one vehicle? Every brand has their share of lemons. From what I have seen Cadillac as a brand is about average if not a bit above average in overall reliability. Venting is a good thing, but making a statement that you will never buy another Cadillac based on your bad experiences with just one of them. Not entirely wise. It's your choice but we all know how silly and inaccurate stereotyping is.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-14-13, 04:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had as many problems with their SRX as I have had with mine. I bought my 2008 SRX in December of 2007. It currently has 63,000 mile son it. So far I have had 3 universal joints go bad along with 2 wheel bearings, several tire rods, the steering wheel has been replaced twice and most recently the timing chain has been replaced. I thought Cadillac made a quality product, I was wrong. This is my first and last Cadillac.

Hello Jcarrme,

I am sorry you had to deal with multiple issues with your SRX. I am sorry you feel that way about Cadillac based on your current situation. Cadillac takes comments like these very seriously and I have documented your concern along with your comments in the case file. Cadillac relies heavily on loyal customers and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again. Please let us know if you have any other issues or concerns in the near future. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

nstar
04-14-13, 06:23 PM
I also have 04 V8 purchased new that has also been problematic and if you keep up on this forum for srx's you will see that there is alot of low mileage problems . mine has 53000 mile i have had more problems with this vehicle than any other gm product i have ever purchased and I always purchase new vehicles right at 15 vehicles. But that is why they changed platforms in 2010 time frame they know there is problems with earlier (first gen) after all they are paying warranty claims.If you'll notice original poster said he purchased srx in 07 and the vehicle is an 08 so it can't be claimed that vehicle was abused by previous owner.

Sheepish
04-15-13, 07:29 AM
Actually a lot of those issues almost sound like this vehicle was in an accident.

mwswarrior
04-15-13, 07:42 AM
Also have an '08 with very few problems @ 73K.

JayTF1
04-15-13, 09:15 AM
My 08 V8 has had very little problems. Full service record since new. 100km/60m

----------

But that is why they changed platforms in 2010 time frame they know there is problems with earlier (first gen)

Don't think this is true. Styles and platforms come and go. 5 years of the same vehicle is a good benchmark. The sigma platform developed with Holden was proven to be a top quality chassis in the SRX and the CTS.

The change to the equinox platform in 2010 was more about saving money and amalgamating lineups post bailout.

conedoctor
04-15-13, 10:23 AM
Haters gunna hate.