: 2 din stereo

dcreighton
04-14-13, 12:46 PM
I am trying to put a 2din in a 91 deville. Are there any kits or bezels out there for this?

aeronca36606
04-20-13, 10:43 PM
In a word no. The problem with double din in these cars is they are way too deep. You would have to hack up so much of the AC ducting that there would be nothing left for air delivery. Or it will stick way out the front of the dash.

The only solution i have found is to use either a Kenwood or Alpine remote display system. These use a doublle din size monitor that is attached to a remote receiver brain. The monitor is very shallow and does not present any clearence problems with the ducting.

The Kenwood system is the KOS-V1000 or KOS-V500 coupled to the KOS-L702 monitor.
The Alpine system would be the VPA-b222 coupled to the TME-M740BT or possibly the TME-S370 monitor.

These where both high dollar systems when new but can be found on E-Bay from time to time at a reasonable price.

I have one of each system being readied to install in my 2 85 Coupe Deville's thiis spring.

The alpine monitor is slightly smaller in size and may be easier to make a dash plate for. I also like it's touch better than the Kenwood. The kenwood has more features available.