: Windows stopped working. Don't know where to start to fix.

shortfur7
04-14-13, 01:44 AM
Has anyone ever ran into the problem of the windows not working????? I don't know where to start as far as replacing parts.

It seems to only be the drivers door that i am having the problem with as the other doors buttons all work correctly as long as the drivers side door isn't stuck with the passenger window lock out on. I was thinking to start with just the switch box with the 4 window buttons and the lock out button but then i noticed that sometimes its also the trunk button and door lock button that doesn't work either. Is there something else that i should try replacing or doing first.

I just dont know where to start but it is very annoying not being able to use your windows at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-14-13, 03:15 PM
Has anyone ever ran into the problem of the windows not working????? I don't know where to start as far as replacing parts.

It seems to only be the drivers door that i am having the problem with as the other doors buttons all work correctly as long as the drivers side door isn't stuck with the passenger window lock out on. I was thinking to start with just the switch box with the 4 window buttons and the lock out button but then i noticed that sometimes its also the trunk button and door lock button that doesn't work either. Is there something else that i should try replacing or doing first.

I just dont know where to start but it is very annoying not being able to use your windows at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello shortfur7,

I am sorry you are experiencing window issues with your vehicle. I understand a broken window can be very frustrating. If you private message me your VIN# and contact information I will be more then happy to locate a nearby dealership and set up an appointment with them to diagnose and take a look at your vehicle issues. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service