: Remote Start - No heat or A/C

HazesCaddy
04-13-13, 09:15 PM
Just got my 2012 SRX Premium. Really enjoying it. One issue though. When I remote start it, depending on the outside air temperature (less than 50, greater than 80), either the heater or A/C should come on to heat or cool the car. Neither happens. In fact, the blower does not blow any air at all. This is NOT the heated and cooled seat problem that I have seen on this forum. I know that can be set using the CONFIG menu. Anyone else have this problem?

adamjeeps
04-13-13, 09:31 PM
Do you have the climate control set to auto?

HazesCaddy
04-13-13, 09:33 PM
Did not. Does that matter? Did not see where I had to in the Owner's manual.

adamjeeps
04-13-13, 11:59 PM
Page 2-9 of the 2013 manual says the remote start will use the previous settings for climate control.

----------

Just read 2012 manual, you are right it just says based on temperature. Maybe try to leave on auto and see if it works.

TheCaptain
04-14-13, 01:28 PM
The new Cadillacs wait to actually start blowing heat (when its cool out) until the engine actually has reached a temperature that it can heat the interior (so its not full bore fan with no heat). In this matter, if you are in Auto Climate setting or not, the HVAC will not blow any air until the engine reaches warming temperature.
Now, if its hot outside, it will wait a few minutes on the engine to cycle the a/c before starting the interior venting.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-14-13, 02:11 PM
Just got my 2012 SRX Premium. Really enjoying it. One issue though. When I remote start it, depending on the outside air temperature (less than 50, greater than 80), either the heater or A/C should come on to heat or cool the car. Neither happens. In fact, the blower does not blow any air at all. This is NOT the heated and cooled seat problem that I have seen on this forum. I know that can be set using the CONFIG menu. Anyone else have this problem?

Hello HazesCaddy,

I hope you are enjoying your SRX. I am sorry you are having issues with the remote HVAC start. I am reaching out to you to make sure you were able to fix this concern. I want to make sure your vehicle is performing properly. Let me know please! Thanks.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

HazesCaddy
04-14-13, 02:50 PM
Hello HazesCaddy,

I hope you are enjoying your SRX. I am sorry you are having issues with the remote HVAC start. I am reaching out to you to make sure you were able to fix this concern. I want to make sure your vehicle is performing properly. Let me know please! Thanks.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Laura,

Can you confirm AdamJeeps post wich stated:

Page 2-9 of the 2013 manual says the remote start will use the previous settings for climate control.

----------

Just read 2012 manual, you are right it just says based on temperature. Maybe try to leave on auto and see if it works.

Which is correct for the 2012 SRX? Does the climate control need to be in Auto, or is the Heat & A/C based on outside ambient temperature to activate utilizing a remote start?

Thanks,

HazesCaddy

300:29:1
04-14-13, 03:29 PM
Laura,

----------

Which is correct for the 2012 SRX? Does the climate control need to be in Auto, or is the Heat & A/C based on outside ambient temperature to activate utilizing a remote start?

Thanks,

HazesCaddy

You MUST have the climate control set on AUTO for the heat or AC to come on when using the remote start. If its off you won't get heat or AC. I can say this is true from personal experience. I've arrived at work and turned off the climate control. When returning in the evening in much cooler temps I used the remote start. I didn't get any heat until I turned on the climate control system. Leaving it in auto before turning off the engine would be a good idea if you plan to use the remote start.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-14-13, 04:01 PM
Laura,

----------

Thanks,

HazesCaddy

Hello HazesCaddy,

AdamJeeps post is correct. That is also the same for the 2012 SRX model. On the owner’s manual for the 2012 SRX Manual, page 8-4 --- The Remote Start Climate Control Operation: The system uses the driver’s previous settings to heat or cool the inside of the vehicle. See Remote Vehicle Start on page 2-10 of manual. The solar sensor, located on top
of the instrument panel near the windshield, monitors the solar heat.
The climate control system uses the sensor information to adjust the temperature, fan speed, recirculation, and air delivery mode for best comfort. On page 2-10 of the manual under remote vehicle start, it states, vehicles with an automatic climate control system will automatically change to a heating or cooling mode depending on the outside temperature during a remote start. To answer your question, this states the 2012 SRX bases its heating and cooling interior based on outside ambient temperature to activate using a remote start. Let me know if this helps you and answers your questions. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Laura M.