: Sun faded rear decklid... Has anyone found any solutions?

65kaiser
04-13-13, 10:23 AM
I just picked up a very nice 2004 with 56k. It needs a good detail but thats about it. The only real thing I don't like is the rear decklid is all sun faded. Has anyone found a solution to this other than Armourall??

capriRS
04-13-13, 12:24 PM
Smooth it an Paint it body color! It will look 100% better! Thats what i did after trying everything they would look good for a day or two. But after that they would fade out again! Since ive painted them body color all i do is rinse them off and they look good!

Txao1051
04-13-13, 01:40 PM
I just picked up a very nice 2004 with 56k. It needs a good detail but thats about it. The only real thing I don't like is the rear decklid is all sun faded. Has anyone found a solution to this other than Armourall??

I purchased chemical guys back to black and sprayed it on it still looks amazing 2 weeks later!

65kaiser
04-13-13, 02:01 PM
Smooth it an Paint it body color! It will look 100% better! Thats what i did after trying everything they would look good for a day or two. But after that they would fade out again! Since ive painted them body color all i do is rinse them off and they look good!

Thats what I was thinking. What paint product did you use? did you use a flex type additive?

capriRS
04-13-13, 02:41 PM
I just used a single stage paint. I just took my paint code down to the local oriellys and had them mix me some paint.. I didnt use any flex additve in mine since they dont flex really.. Ive stood on top of mine since ive painted them and it hasnt flex enough to crack or spyder web out! Been painted for about two years now! Still look as good as the day i painted them!

Jophusp
04-17-13, 10:32 AM
Back to black worked great on my Avalanche, I also used Meguires Hot Shine.