: bouncing off the rev limiter for a few seconds

MacBuster
04-12-13, 10:55 PM
Will this have done any damage?

I tried to blast off the line at a light, being a 35 year old hooligan.

Of course, I forgot I was in Manual mode, and not sport Auto (which I prefer for fast launches).

I had it burried in the rev limiter for a few seconds before I realzied why I wasn't shifting.

Anything to be worried about?

KellyE
04-12-13, 11:14 PM
No worries,.....that is what the rev limiter is for...:thumbsup:

garfin
04-13-13, 09:19 AM
No worries,.....that is what the rev limiter is for...:thumbsup:

...as long as your engine was up to operating temperature!

Best regards,

Elie

shchow
04-13-13, 09:56 AM
You mean this is the FIRST time you hit the rev limiter? Lol...
No worries, your engine is fine...

rekctsv
04-13-13, 10:55 AM
If I go near WOT in sport auto mode and TC turned to competitve driving mode, I bounce off the limiter on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Very irritating.
I haven't felt like dealing with dealership trying to explain this. It might give a technician a green flag to go out and reproduce the problem. Don't even know if they have a fix for this.

1madstsv
04-13-13, 11:16 AM
If I go near WOT in sport auto mode and TC turned to competitve driving mode, I bounce off the limiter on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Very irritating.
I haven't felt like dealing with dealership trying to explain this. It might give a technician a green flag to go out and reproduce the problem. Don't even know if they have a fix for this.

Yes they do it's called an aftermarket tune. Any good tuner can tune the auto trans to shift faster and harder. My Stsv was very bad at runing in to the limiter be for shifting. Now it chirps the tires when shifting in sport our manual mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLOf27pQsI0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Smokin80
04-13-13, 11:28 AM
+3. No worries dude. I have a manual and burn outs that get a little over zealous tend to tag the limiter a bit.

On a side note guys. In hp tuners can you adjust the stutter rate on the limiter? On my dsm(eagle talon) I can adjust that to help the car not hit a wall when u run into the limiter. The the rate at which these cars cut power and re-engage when you are bouncing off the limiter kinda sucks.

Wait4me or one of the other tuning wizards will likely know this.

hulksdaddy
04-13-13, 11:47 AM
If you ain't hitting the limiter, you ain't doing it right.

Smokin80
04-13-13, 12:08 PM
If you ain't hitting the limiter, you ain't doing it right.

Amen to that brother!!!!!