: Do I have "Driver Assist?"

Kuya
04-12-13, 10:38 PM
It's official, I just put a deposit on a 2013 Luxury Black Raven SRX, with Nav (Yes, Nav is one of those things I can not be without in a vehicle. I am simply not capable of reading maps while driving, and I personally feel it's a disgrace to a Cadillac to have a wired after market GPS system hanging in the window . . again, just a personal feeling.)

There were certain things I HAD TO HAVE (Black and Nav). Others were not on my mind. Like "Drivers Awareness". Although it is a really nice feature (especially with the horrible blind spots on the SRX), it was not a negotiated item for me. I have closed a deal and I actually can't recall if I have this Driver Awareness package or not.

If anyone is a GM employee and can run the VIN, and let me know 2 things:

1. What the hell color shades are the inside of my SRX? Lol . . sounds strange but I never asked. Was not all that important to me.

2. Do I have Driver Awareness?

To clarify how I could buy a car and not know these things: I have always purchased my cars from several hours away. I do all of my negotiating on line and via phone. I did try to work with my local cadillac dealer a few years back . . but they simply would not listen to me. I said I wanted an apple a thousand times, and they constantly offered me an orange. I wont go back to buy a car . . but their service department is great.

That being said, I have always gotten great deals and never had any issues (knock on wood) buying vehicles this way.

This time around, I am stepping down from my 2010 AWD Premium, Plat Ice (loaded to the hill with many options I never once enjoyed . . like 2 dvd screens, towing, etc. . etc . . etc . . ). I toned it down to the Lux Black Raven - opting for only the true features that I really use.

None the less, I am excited. And very much looking forward to CUE . . for good or bad.

And yes. I could call the dealer and ask for a listing of all the options. But tomorrow is Saturday and my sales guy is not in. Sunday they are closed . . and let's face it: I am anxious. Its a 2013 SRX, after all!!

Thanks!

I can send the VIN in PM . . .

Marc NY
04-13-13, 12:21 PM
Congratulations on your new SRX... you will LOVE the new plusher seats, NAV and CUE! :D

You could also try calling the dealer today and ask the New Car Mgr. there to look it up for you ... or if you like you can send me the last 8 numbers of your VIN# in a PM and I will more than happy to look it up for you. Unfortunately, I am not at work today and don't have access from home. Thus I can only do it for you on Monday sorry. Perhaps a dealer member or a GM Customer Care Service person might be working over the weekend can help you out before Monday. If I were to guess I would probably think that most Luxury models would usually not have the Driver Awareness Pkg. or Driver Assist Pkg. ordered for stock but then one never knows.

Thanks for buying GM again and best of luck with your great new SRX purchase... :thumbsup:

Likely
04-13-13, 04:53 PM
I rather doubt if you have driver assist, unless you ordered it as an option, this option costs alittle over 2K. I have it, and love it so far. Really like the 2013. No comparison with the 2010 I had...Smoother ride, great engine, great handling and has serious "Looks" Enjoy the ride!!!!!

Marc NY
04-13-13, 05:04 PM
I rather doubt if you have driver assist, unless you ordered it as an option, this option costs alittle over 2K. I have it, and love it so far. Really like the 2013. No comparison with the 2010 I had...Smoother ride, great engine, great handling and has serious "Looks" Enjoy the ride!!!!!Yes Likely is correct one would most likely have to order the Driver Assist Pkg. for it is way more expensive of an option at $2,395.00. US

However, if you get the Driver Awareness Pkg. it is well worth the money at only $495.00 US. I do know on the Awareness Pkg. that I have if you are driving with your cruise control on and you are approaching another vehicle too fast the cruise will actually "disengage" for you.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-13-13, 07:23 PM
It's official, I just put a deposit on a 2013 Luxury Black Raven SRX, with Nav (Yes, Nav is one of those things I can not be without in a vehicle. I am simply not capable of reading maps while driving, and I personally feel it's a disgrace to a Cadillac to have a wired after market GPS system hanging in the window . . again, just a personal feeling.)

There were certain things I HAD TO HAVE (Black and Nav). Others were not on my mind. Like "Drivers Awareness". Although it is a really nice feature (especially with the horrible blind spots on the SRX), it was not a negotiated item for me. I have closed a deal and I actually can't recall if I have this Driver Awareness package or not.

If anyone is a GM employee and can run the VIN, and let me know 2 things:

1. What the hell color shades are the inside of my SRX? Lol . . sounds strange but I never asked. Was not all that important to me.

2. Do I have Driver Awareness?

To clarify how I could buy a car and not know these things: I have always purchased my cars from several hours away. I do all of my negotiating on line and via phone. I did try to work with my local cadillac dealer a few years back . . but they simply would not listen to me. I said I wanted an apple a thousand times, and they constantly offered me an orange. I wont go back to buy a car . . but their service department is great.

That being said, I have always gotten great deals and never had any issues (knock on wood) buying vehicles this way.

This time around, I am stepping down from my 2010 AWD Premium, Plat Ice (loaded to the hill with many options I never once enjoyed . . like 2 dvd screens, towing, etc. . etc . . etc . . ). I toned it down to the Lux Black Raven - opting for only the true features that I really use.

None the less, I am excited. And very much looking forward to CUE . . for good or bad.

And yes. I could call the dealer and ask for a listing of all the options. But tomorrow is Saturday and my sales guy is not in. Sunday they are closed . . and let's face it: I am anxious. Its a 2013 SRX, after all!!

Thanks!

I can send the VIN in PM . . .

Hello Kuya,

Congratulations on your new SRX. You seem very happy and excited, and that makes us at Cadillac happy and excited for you! If you private message me on this forum with your VIN# I am more then happy to be of assistance for you. In the private message could you also reiterate the questions you would like answered. Thank you! Have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Kuya
04-13-13, 08:49 PM
Laura - I sent you the VIN in pm. Thank you for looking into that for me.

Thank you Marc NY and Likely for the great info (and the congrats). I knew the 2013 had a bigger engine, which I am very excited about. But I did not know about any inside improvements .. more plush seats, etc. This is very exciting for me. I can't wait to pick it up this Thurs or Friday.

I did not actually "order" any features. I simply made it clear that I wanted Lux, Black, FWD with NAV. They found one and swapped out from another dealer. It was not until later on, after closing the deal . . that I began to wonder about the other things my SRX might/might not have.

It will be sad if I find out that I do not have the "Driver's Awareness" Package. I was kinda getting excited about vibrating seats LOL.

If I do not have the "Drivers Awareness" Package, will I at least have the blind spot signal in my mirror? The SRX has a gawd-awful blind spot. I have been struggling with it for a few years already. Hopefully the light in the side mirrors is standard :(

Marc NY
04-13-13, 09:02 PM
... It will be sad if I find out that I do not have the "Driver's Awareness" Package. I was kinda getting excited about vibrating seats LOL.

If I do not have the "Drivers Awareness" Package, will I at least have the blind spot signal in my mirror? The SRX has a gawd-awful blind spot. I have been struggling with it for a few years already. Hopefully the light in the side mirrors is standard :(Unfortunately the Blind Side Alert feature only comes with the Driver Awareness Pkg.

If you don't have that package you can always put on a small wide angle mirror like I did on my 2012 SRX to help me out with side viewing.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/DSC_7975Sm.jpg (http://s222.photobucket.com/user/MarcNY/media/DSC_7975Sm.jpg.html)

Kuya
04-13-13, 09:25 PM
Thanks Marc . . .

I had those small mirrors on my 2010 SRX. They do help a lot - but I still had some very scary moments on the NJ highways lol. Being a NY'er . . . on a NJ highway can be knuckle-bearnig when you have huge blind spots, such as the SRX does on the sides. People change lanes and jump around so fast that those mirrors did not help much.

On the dealer's website for the EXACT VIN SRX that I am getting, it does list the following:

Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Side Blind Zone Alert

Does that imply that I do indeed have the assist package? It was listed in the standard options not the installed options (such as the NAV) . .so I am wondering if it's a mistake on the dealer site?

I guess I will just be patient (with fingers crossed) to hear back from Laura in pm.

Regardless - I am still super excited to get the new SRX and explore CUE. Sure, I hear some people are not thrilled with CUE overall, but I think it's very cool - from the little bit I played on a test drive. I really love the fully animated dash. It's just pure coolness lol.

I will miss my Premium AWD Platinum ICE . . . but the black looks so hot. The only thing I dislike about the Plat Ice is that the bottom skirts are black. I think that takes away from the true elegance of the white SRX. It cheapens it just a bit. I recall, when I was young and bought my first car . . only the base models had grey/black bumpers and skirts . . . the higher end models were colored accordingly. Maybe that's why it bothered me so.

I am REALLY looking forward to having a little more get up and go, merging onto highways with the bigger engine. I had the dealership tweak my 2010 transmission to give more power . .because it felt delayed . . but that tweak cost me big time in gas mileage. My mileage dropped from 21 to 15/mpg. I am hoping that by giving up the AWD that improves my mpg as well.

Marc NY
04-13-13, 10:20 PM
On the dealer's website for the EXACT VIN SRX that I am getting, it does list the following:

Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Side Blind Zone Alert

Does that imply that I do indeed have the assist package? It was listed in the standard options not the installed options (such as the NAV) . .so I am wondering if it's a mistake on the dealer site?
Yes it may be a miss print for that package should definitely be listed as an option as Driver Awareness Pkg. @ $445.00. But then again the dealer might be adding extra description to detail what is in the Driver Awareness Pkg. too. :)

It seems to me that you might also be confusing the Driver Assist Pkg. with the Driver Awareness Pkg. Oh yes, you will definitely love the 3.6L engine and your mileage should increase quite a bit now with the FWD version. :thumbsup:

----------

I thought I would add the Driver Assist Pkg. description where you can see that it also requires the Driver Awareness Pkg. too.

Driver Assist Package

This package includes advanced safety technologies to help the driver avoid a collision, including:
◾Automatic Collision Preparation automatically applies the brakes when an imminent collision is detected to help the driver avoid, or to lessen the severity of, an impact
◾Front and Rear Automatic Braking uses short-range radar technology and ultrasonic sensors to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions or reduce impact speed under higher speed circumstances
◾Full-speed range Adaptive Cruise Control1 automatically adjusts the car's speed to maintain a safe following distance

On Luxury Collection and Performance Collection models, this feature requires the available Driver Awareness Package.

Kuya
04-13-13, 10:24 PM
Marc . . . you are right. I may be confusing the terms. In my head I know what I mean . . but I may be confusing the packages when I type.

What I want is a banana cream pie. Just kidding. What I want is the "Awareness" package. That is what I am hoping that I have installed. The Assist package is several thousand dollars and that is not installed in my SRX, for sure.

Sorry for all the confusion. . . to clarify - it's the Awareness package with the vibrating seat, and the blind spot alert option. Really, the main feature I am hoping I have is the blind spot alert light in my mirror. If I end up having this, I will be as happy as if I had a banana cream pie!

Marc NY
04-13-13, 10:30 PM
... Sorry for all the confusion. . . to clarify - it's the Awareness package with the vibrating seat, and the blind spot alert option. Really, the main feature I am hoping I have is the blind spot alert light in my mirror. If I end up having this, I will be as happy as if I had a banana cream pie!There is actually four features in the Driver Awareness Pkg. The two above that you mention and also the Cross Traffic Alert and the Forward Collision Alert System. If you have this great package you will definitely love all four features... I know I do! :D

Driver Awareness Package

This group of technologies enhances the driver's awareness of potential road hazards. These features use visual and either audible or haptic alerts through the Safety Alert Seat to notify the driver of potential dangers. The package includes:
◾Lane Departure Warning – Uses camera technology to alert drivers when the vehicle is leaving its lane without the driver signaling a lane change
◾Forward Collision Alert – Alerts the driver to a possible front-end collision ahead
◾Safety Alert Seat - Sends an immediate pulse through the seat cushion, either left or right, or simultaneously to warn you of the direction of a potential hazard

Kuya
04-13-13, 10:37 PM
I sure hope that I have the Awareness Package . . but I am not holding my breath. Those features seem very cool, and I LOVE toys in my car. I have read on the forums here that many turn off the vibrating seat. Not me. Vibrate on, my friend. Vibrate on!

Hope I end up with happy news. But not the end of the world if I don't have it.

Marc NY
04-13-13, 10:40 PM
I sure hope that I have the Awareness Package . . but I am not holding my breath. Those features seem very cool, and I LOVE toys in my car. I have read on the forums here that many turn off the vibrating seat. Not me. Vibrate on, my friend. Vibrate on!
Hope I end up with happy news. But not the end of the world if I don't have it.ROFLMAO!!! I love the vibrating seat too... it really works great and I tend not to use my lane change signals now as soon as I should because I sometimes wait until I feel the vibrating seat cushion first than I will turn on my turn signal. :D

Now.. if you were to happen to be following me you might see me do a few lane changes kind of back and forth zig zag pattern don't worry it is only me testing out the vibrating seat again and again and again... ;)

Kuya
04-13-13, 11:07 PM
I just heard back from Lisa, who informed me that my vehicle does indeed have "side blind zone alert" but she was not sure about the "Awareness Package". She would try to find out and get back to me.

Sure would love me some vibrating seats haha . . but the side blind zone alert is the most critical for me. So, that's good news.

Marc NY
04-13-13, 11:13 PM
Sounds AWESOME!!! good luck and let us know what happens! :) :thumbsup:

Likely
04-14-13, 01:41 PM
Sound like you are on your way!!!! Good luck... Enjoy the forum and your new "Ride"