: Possible new Cadillac to be Owned! ^.^

JamesC
04-12-13, 10:17 PM
So it's been a loooooong time since I've posted here since I regrettably had to sell my 1987 Cadillac Brougham... which again I have regretted since doing so, but tonight I put a down payment down on a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood with the Brougham package from a used dealer. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and had to get some financing, but it only has 103K miles, elderly owned and in very good condition. I looked it over and test drove it tonight too. I will hear back tomorrow if their financing department can work a deal if I have to go that route.

Things that I noticed there light surface rust on the underbody close to the doors, but only surface and no holes. I'm pretty sure I can deal with that to get it to stop spreading and a very-very light bump on the rear-passenger quarter panel; hardly noticeable and no puncture or chipping paint, so that isn't a deal breaker and may need a radiator flush, and one side of the tip of the wreath on the hood ornament has broken off, but aside from all that everything seemed fine.

P.S.
If any of you regular members remember me, I was in Kansas... update I'm now in southern Wisconsin.

cadillac kevin
04-12-13, 10:54 PM
Get that car on a rack before you buy it!!! Northern cars are known for bad underside rust/ rot.

JamesC
04-12-13, 10:59 PM
Oh I know, pretty bad in Kansas as they use road salt like crazy too. I plan on checking it out more a final time before doing any final signing if they say the financing goes through.

j2rossit
04-12-13, 11:10 PM
:postpics:

96FleetHood
04-12-13, 11:20 PM
Good luck bro I hope all goes well :thumbsup:

JamesC
04-12-13, 11:24 PM
These are pictures from the dealer site.

106699 106700
106703 106704

jayoldschool
04-12-13, 11:25 PM
Financing for a 20yr old car makes me nervous, too.

JamesC
04-12-13, 11:33 PM
Financing for a 20yr old car makes me nervous, too.

Yeah I know that too... I still have time to back out and loose nothing, but my time. Honestly I'm not getting my hopes up too high - as much as I like the car - for them to come back with something that can work out.

j2rossit
04-13-13, 10:30 AM
I really like that exterior dark blue.
A guy around here just picked up the exact same color package only with cloth seats instead of leather. I wonder if he'll see this thread.

oldcaddybuyer
04-13-13, 02:32 PM
There was a triple blue for sale in Atlanta for the longest time. 90k. I believe it was down to 4200 last time I checked. It may have sold by now.

Cadillacboy
04-13-13, 02:35 PM
That car looks nice for its age

BigCadMan_1
04-13-13, 04:40 PM
I really like that exterior dark blue.
A guy around here just picked up the exact same color package only with cloth seats instead of leather. I wonder if he'll see this thread.

Jon Mine's a 94, but I would like to have those seats :halo:

Vitaqueen
04-14-13, 08:45 AM
That's my car! I just have cloth seating which I love. Get her. You will be in heaven. Best of luck!

j2rossit
04-14-13, 09:01 AM
Jon Mine's a 94, but I would like to have those seats :halo:
LOL, *shrug*, 93 is close to 94 (at least on the calender)

BigCadMan_1
04-14-13, 09:05 AM
93 = LO5 vs 94 = LT1, more than just letters & numbers. :thumbsup:

j2rossit
04-14-13, 09:28 AM
Just like 81 is the same as an 82, they just made it better on gas. :hide:

BigCadMan_1
04-14-13, 05:21 PM
:histeric: thats one way of looking at it.

Poda
04-16-13, 01:26 AM
Good luck closing the deal.. I have a 94 base Fleetwood. Metal top, but otherwise same color combo. Love the car, and now starting to browse for 2 more. One for parts, and one for a daily driver as I temporarily retire the 94 to rebuild status.

Don't listen to the LO5 vs LT1 debate.. My 94 has the LT1, my folk's 92 Roadmaster Wagon has the LO5. Both drive fantastic, but they are different engines to drive. As long as you're not racing light to light, either is great. If I found a 93 at the right price for my second Fleetwood, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat :)

j2rossit
04-16-13, 09:18 AM
My 94 has the LT1, my folk's 92 Roadmaster Wagon has the LO5. Both drive fantastic
Although I've never been in a L05 powered vehicle, I've got the general impression after following people's threads here that people with the L05 are just as happy with their engine as the LT1 people.

But then again I'm also happy with my HT-4100

BigCadMan_1
04-16-13, 10:57 AM
Although I've never been in a L05 powered vehicle, I've got the general impression after following people's threads here that people with the L05 are just as happy with their engine as the LT1 people.

But then again I'm also happy with my HT-4100

Mike's 90 is an LO5, just for the record I'v owned 3 LO5 powered Cadillac's & thought they were just fine as is. Was't trying to start a LO5 vs LT1 debate, just stating the difference between a 93 & 94.

BlueAngel#07
04-16-13, 11:14 AM
So it's been a loooooong time since I've posted here since I regrettably had to sell my 1987 Cadillac Brougham... which again I have regretted since doing so, but tonight I put a down payment down on a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood with the Brougham package from a used dealer. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and had to get some financing, but it only has 103K miles, elderly owned and in very good condition. I looked it over and test drove it tonight too. I will hear back tomorrow if their financing department can work a deal with my needs or not. I'm really hoping they can. If not, well I can walk away - as much as I wouldn't want to - and get my down payment refunded.

Things that I noticed there light surface rust on the underbody close to the doors, but only surface and no holes. I'm pretty sure I can deal with that to get it to stop spreading and a very-very light bump on the rear-passenger quarter panel; hardly noticeable and no puncture or chipping paint, so that isn't a deal breaker and may need a radiator flush, and one side of the tip of the wreath on the hood ornament has broken off, but aside from all that everything seemed fine.

P.S.
If any of you regular members remember me, I was in Kansas... update I'm now in southern Wisconsin.

Nice car.. looks good. What made you move to Wisconsin? I'm thinking Tornado :). Lol

j2rossit
04-16-13, 11:23 AM
Mike's 90 is an LO5, just for the record I'v owned 3 LO5 powered Cadillac's & thought they were just fine as is. Was't trying to start a LO5 vs LT1 debate, just stating the difference between a 93 & 94.

I've only ridden in Mike's eldorado. But I know he love's the 90.

----------

These are pictures from the dealer site.

Is it missing the floor mats?

JamesC
04-17-13, 01:01 AM
Get that car on a rack before you buy it!!! Northern cars are known for bad underside rust/ rot.

Speaking of which I saw a car here today in a parking lot... holy crap was it rusted. Rust on fenders and quarter panels... badly too. Holes big enough to put your hand into... all long the bottom edge... dotted across the trunk and hood.

Regarding the Cadillac, apparently for most of it's life it was in Kentucky, but only up here in Wisconsin for a year or two. It's not bad. Barely surface rust underneath.

Nice car.. looks good. What made you move to Wisconsin? I'm thinking Tornado :). Lol

Nah, I actually like Kansas and miss my city I know, I just wanted change and job searching too; somewhat of a long story too.

Is it missing the floor mats?

None in the back, but the front have the mats, just matching the carpet. However in those pictures, they apparently had them out.