: Is June 9th Chinese April Fools or something?

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b12sOQ2hOF4

I posted that June 9th video in the ATS forum.

I can't believe it's real but it seems to be. Tell me if you see it too or do I need stronger meds?

talismandave
04-13-13, 12:16 AM
I am glad to see Cadillac decided to go back to a "formal roof" instead of those sloping snow drift styles.

It may be made of wood, but at least it don't look like a snow drift!

orconn
04-13-13, 12:44 AM
It is said that, long ago, that all the termites in China had been devoured by a starving population, so maybe a wooden Cadillac is a great way to go ..... you know those bean counters a GM never miss an opportunity to cut costs!

CTSCHICK
04-13-13, 02:09 AM
I see nothing wrong with it, It looks like a cheap effective test to see if a potential employee is worth giving a job to or not.
I would rather have them practice on that then my car.

I have prints all over the wall of my office at work if some one interviewing for a job can not tell me what is wrong with the prints on the wall they do not get the job

Submariner409
04-13-13, 09:50 AM
Google "bmw april fool's advertisement 2013". The new BMW P.R.A.M.

When you get over the chuckles, go back and find many other years of crazy ads - like "New BMW Magnetic Attraction Cruise Control" in which your Beemer tractor beam locks onto the car ahead and you use no gas.

........but, yes: Automotive production line is a carefully orchestrated assembly dance - one mistake costs time and money - and the line does not stop except for major accident. In 1957 a Ford coupe or sedan rolled off the line in West Chester, PA every 3.5 minutes, 12 hours a day. There is not much room for error, and every nut, bolt, wire, part, piece of fabric - anything - for one particular car must arrive at the line at exactly the most precise time as the growing vehicle passes the install point. It takes a lot of repetitive training to install an entire drivetrain in 3.5 minutes. If you ever get the chance, take a vehicle production line walking tour. Very interesting.

creeker
04-13-13, 03:49 PM
i dont think I could handle doing that for 8 hours a day on an assembly line.

orconn
04-13-13, 04:35 PM
^^^ Don't worry Creeker there are plenty of Chinese and Vietnamese more that willing to take your place!