: Would you lease the premium with upgarded rims with 2k miles?

maxima10
04-12-13, 07:23 PM
I was offered a show car with 2K miles, fully loaded premium with upgraded wheels, 3 year lease, 12K miles, $1200 up front (DMV, fist month, etc)

$479 per month

Would you do it?

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 07:54 PM
No .

maxima10
04-12-13, 08:14 PM
No .

Why?

amaximeya
04-12-13, 08:16 PM
are the 2000 miles counted against your lease mileage limit?

----------

btw wow we have pretty similar usernames maxima10!

73JPS
04-12-13, 08:16 PM
Why?

Because you had to ask.

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 08:24 PM
Why?
1. I don't lease.

2. The polished wheels weigh too much, over 4.5 lbs each more than the 18" machined wheels.

3. Very good chance it needed serious clear coat removal to get rid of the swirls and scratches common with show cars.

If you like to lease, number 1 doesn't matter and number 3 probably doesn't either. Go for it.

Fraggy
04-13-13, 12:18 AM
I'd say no. I almost took a demo with 1200 miles, glad I didn't. I loved that I only had 7 miles on mine.

Y2tony3
04-13-13, 01:31 AM
I would say HELL NO!! "show room" cars are usually cars that management drives first when the car just comes out and they usually dog the sh!t out of it because they know they are not keeping it. Every employee drives it and dogs it. It's like the test car. Then they clean it up put it in the showroom and make it seem like they are doing you a favor.

I don't know about you but when I think of showroom car I think of a spotless car with half a mile with a glowing white light coming from the background and someone to the left playing a harp...

All in all to answer your question...nope

maxima10
04-13-13, 08:08 AM
are the 2000 miles counted against your lease mileage limit?

----------

btw wow we have pretty similar usernames maxima10!

Nope it starts for me when I buy it

----------

Because you had to ask.

Wow ... What a waste you are

----------

1. I don't lease.

2. The polished wheels weigh too much, over 4.5 lbs each more than the 18" machined wheels.

3. Very good chance it needed serious clear coat removal to get rid of the swirls and scratches common with show cars.

If you like to lease, number 1 doesn't matter and number 3 probably doesn't either. Go for it.

Well swirl marks obviously matter, especially since its black. The extra 18 pounds doesn't really make a big difference

Thanks pal

----------

I would say HELL NO!! "show room" cars are usually cars that management drives first when the car just comes out and they usually dog the sh!t out of it because they know they are not keeping it. Every employee drives it and dogs it. It's like the test car. Then they clean it up put it in the showroom and make it seem like they are doing you a favor.

I don't know about you but when I think of showroom car I think of a spotless car with half a mile with a glowing white light coming from the background and someone to the left playing a harp...

All in all to answer your question...nope

Thanks for the input

Stevo Supremo
04-13-13, 11:34 AM
Well I support leasing, especially if you have Automotive ADD, if you cant sit still with the same car for more than 3years than leasing is great, use it for a while then let it go and get something new.

but I wouldn't take a demo, I worked at a dealership and I know how those get treated.

maxima10
04-13-13, 02:40 PM
Well I support leasing, especially if you have Automotive ADD, if you cant sit still with the same car for more than 3years than leasing is great, use it for a while then let it go and get something new.

but I wouldn't take a demo, I worked at a dealership and I know how those get treated.

K thank you for the input ... Vey much appreciated

73JPS
04-13-13, 08:07 PM
Wow ... What a waste you are

Classy.

You don't even know me: but I have watched you dart from thread to thread asking everyone who has taken delivery of their car what the terms are for their personal financial arrangements ("if they don't mind sharing"). Frankly, I find your necessity to ask what everyone else "got" offensive, although I have refrained from writing anything about it until now; I furthermore acknowledge that many probably do NOT find your incessant probing offensive: fair enough.

As far as I am concerned, in polite society, personal financial arrangements are just that: personal. They should not be subjected to the constant probings of persons unable to accept that they might actually have paid a penny more than the other guy, especially when they are simply trying to share the joy of their new acquisition. But that's just my opinion, and I am certain many do not share it.

Regardless of the above paragraph, I return to my original statement, which specifically pertains to this thread, and not all of the other threads you have infiltrated with your probings: if you have to ask a general community if THEY think what you are being offered is a good deal, then it probably is not a good deal for you: the reply I posted above was in no way glib. Were I to meet you in person, I would say the same thing to your face.

BTW, have you bought or leased an ATS yet? If you ever actually do, I will congratulate you (whether welcome or not): I also guarantee that I won't give a rat's a** about the terms of your deal.

maxima10
04-14-13, 12:12 AM
Classy.

You don't even know me: but I have watched you dart from thread to thread asking everyone who has taken delivery of their car what the terms are for their personal financial arrangements ("if they don't mind sharing"). Frankly, I find your necessity to ask what everyone else "got" offensive, although I have refrained from writing anything about it until now; I furthermore acknowledge that many probably do NOT find your incessant probing offensive: fair enough.

As far as I am concerned, in polite society, personal financial arrangements are just that: personal. They should not be subjected to the constant probings of persons unable to accept that they might actually have paid a penny more than the other guy, especially when they are simply trying to share the joy of their new acquisition. But that's just my opinion, and I am certain many do not share it.

Regardless of the above paragraph, I return to my original statement, which specifically pertains to this thread, and not all of the other threads you have infiltrated with your probings: if you have to ask a general community if THEY think what you are being offered is a good deal, then it probably is not a good deal for you: the reply I posted above was in no way glib. Were I to meet you in person, I would say the same thing to your face.

BTW, have you bought or leased an ATS yet? If you ever actually do, I will congratulate you (whether welcome or not): I also guarantee that I won't give a rat's a** about the terms of your deal.

I won't bother reading your mindless post past the first paragraph ... Ps, I didn't ask anyone for any financial disclosure or arrangement. This is just a forum, take it easy ... It's not life and death. Don't we all wish we had your "problems"

73JPS
04-14-13, 03:40 AM
Live long and prosper.

maxima10
04-14-13, 08:06 PM
Live long and prosper.

Indedd