: Oil Changes

CAPT Mike
04-12-13, 11:39 AM
What is Cadillac's position on covered oil changes? I believe it is when the oil minder is at 20% or less. But, what is it if you do not drive enough to meet that mark? Do they honor the change at one year? For example that is what is suggested by BMW and
Corvette folks.

RippyPartsDept
04-12-13, 12:35 PM
once a year or when the OLM gets below 20% is the policy for the free regular maintenance services

jeffpaletz
04-14-13, 10:33 AM
My dealer said 10%. Is he wrong? 10% seems too long to me.

RippyPartsDept
04-14-13, 01:03 PM
Read the fine print on the Cadillac site about the free maintenance. I'm pretty sure it says 20%

Dealers have been reported doing them sooner than that (probably more as a customer service technique than anything) but technically they're not supposed to.

Also, there's nothing wrong with waiting til 0% - the OLM is very accurate and has been in use for about 20 years (maybe more?).

If you need proof blackstone labs (as well as other similar outfits) will send you an oil sample kit for free and only charge you a small fee for your results.

dickn52
11-10-14, 09:38 AM
No problem with the 20% thing, BUT I am being told to do this latest parking brake recall at the same time, which means I have to wait for an additional 8% (sitting on 28% right now). Of course the brakes and shoes are under warranty too, so if they burn up waiting for a simple 59.00 oil change, it won't affect me as much as it will them now will it? You should know that though I really like the XTS, I do not like the dealer who sold it to me. Nuff said on that one.

Roxor
11-10-14, 04:06 PM
It's 20% or 1 year. I am sure they will change your oil when you get the recall done as a courtesy if it's close.

JoeGrapes
11-10-14, 07:09 PM
My XTS is getting close to 2 years old and has 37,000 miles on it. When the car tells me the oil should be changed I take to my dealer, no appointment is needed as they have 2 guys that only do that, and they change the oil free of charge.