: Tune and air temperature

2012 CTS-V
04-12-13, 09:23 AM
Hey guys I got my car dyno tuned in the winter time up here in the northeast. Id say it was under 40 degrees Fahrenheit when I got my car tuned and now it's getting warm out, do I have to retune the car because of the weather? Also, what does knock feel like under normal driving conditions?

Ross L
04-12-13, 12:58 PM
If it was done right, you shouldn't need to re-tune. Knock can be a *pinging* or *rattling* sound if its bad enough. It can also knock without ever hearing it. Only way to know for sure is to monitor with scan tool of some type. Knock at WOT is bad, despite the computer trying to pull timing.

2012 CTS-V
04-15-13, 11:17 AM
Ok thanks

Naf
04-22-13, 09:36 AM
Pause for a second please

Are you running speed density tune or MAF tune? If it is a MAF tune then no need to retune, it will compensate for the higher IAT and give you the needed fuel as well as pull the timing based on IAT.

If it was tuned properly the first time you do not need to retune. I tuned my maf at 25c and left it alone in winter as well as summer which is from 0 in winter to 75c in summer. In the middle east, where it gets silly hot...

Addin in a Meth injection just to keep the IAT under control and not as a power adder...

2012 CTS-V
04-22-13, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure but I'm bringing my car to my tuner this week because I'm having issues with the boost not building sometimes.