: Delete TOC?

orandaberg
04-12-13, 05:48 AM
Hello
Is it possible to delete the TOC. Do I need it? I do not tow anything heavy or at all. I see its a tow option package. Is this needed because in general the SRX trans tend to overheat? Is it just a simple case of a gasket and plate to cover the in/out on the transmission. The pipes on mine are rusted to the point it has to have something done,so rather then replace, I would rather delete if I can
Thanks

n7don_srx
04-12-13, 09:40 AM
I believe the V92 tow option package just has a larger TOC. Recalling when I looked up the part number there was one listed for the non-V92 and one with it. At the time I was interested in just buying the hoses but they weren't available as separate parts. They were part of the TOC itself.
As an option you might consider cutting the hoses and locate an aftermarket cooler in front of the radiator.
I'm not aware of any modern-day automatic transmission car that doesn't have some type of TOC.

orandaberg
04-12-13, 09:59 AM
It works fine, as mentioned I can cut out the rusted sections an use hydraulic hose to splice. but just thought if I could delete it, its one less problem

conedoctor
04-12-13, 11:20 AM
No you can't delete it and please use the correct part name so we all know what you are talking about, transmission cooler would work.

orandaberg
04-12-13, 11:32 AM
TOC is transmission oil cooler, but OK I will :)

rdgfx3
04-12-13, 02:44 PM
Thanks. I didn't know what the a TOC was.

azblksrx
04-12-13, 04:19 PM
I thought TOC stands for tricked out car! I would not delete your transmission cooler. Nope.

orandaberg
04-12-13, 05:03 PM
No I will not :cookoo:

azblksrx
04-12-13, 05:08 PM
No I will not :cookoo:
Didn't you just ask if you could delete your "TOC" which I think you were referring to as the Transmission cooler? And why are you :cookoo:?

conedoctor
04-12-13, 06:19 PM
Well it is a tricked out car!

Does any company do "slap up side of head" grams? ;) lol

RippyPartsDept
04-12-13, 06:25 PM
TOC = Table of Contents (typically)
https://www.google.com/#q=toc
(https://www.google.com/#q=toc)
and in the computer science world deleting the table of contents actually means something and makes sense

orandaberg
04-12-13, 06:58 PM
HaHa I was thinking outloud, Monday we remove the front fascia an aux radiator to access those two rusty tubes an just replace them, will take pics.
Thanks Rippy for the pics and help

RippyPartsDept
04-12-13, 07:21 PM
No prob. Good luck with the repair.

azblksrx
04-13-13, 01:02 PM
Well it is a tricked out car!

Does any company do "slap up side of head" grams? ;) lol

LOL "SUSH"........"I" mods. Yummy ;P