: $250 for a fuel filter/Fuel pressure regulator?

Psycho-albanian
04-11-13, 11:02 PM
Damn that's expensive. Hopefuly that solves my po172&po175 problem. Gotta wait for jesse to get back then it's retune time with timmys headers, 2.4 pulley.

Carlosg
04-12-13, 10:28 AM
Is that code for running lean. My check engine light come and I meant to say running rich. So I assume this will take care of check engine light. It come every now and then.

Fierofiend
04-12-13, 10:35 AM
Its for running too rich.

Psycho-albanian
04-12-13, 12:41 PM
Yeah it's a rich code.

1madstsv
04-13-13, 09:35 AM
Did you check to make shore you don't have a bad fuel injector?

Carlosg
04-13-13, 11:13 AM
I had replaced mine when I did the upper pulley.

1madstsv
04-13-13, 01:00 PM
Even more reason to check the fuel injectors any time they are out is a good time for dirt to get in.

----------

What did you replace?

----------

What did you replace?

Carlosg
04-13-13, 01:14 PM
Replace the injector.

Psycho-albanian
04-13-13, 06:50 PM
They're brand new injectors. I had a strong gas smell inside the car this morning I havent changed the fuel filter in my car yet I had to wait for the dealer to get a new filter/regulator so I didnt have time to change it when I did the headers and pulley swap.

1madstsv
04-16-13, 12:07 AM
If you are smelling gas it's not a bad filter well it could be bad but it would not make the car smell like gas. But a leaking injector could when the cars off. Did it start hard our smoke when you started it that you could tell. And yes new injectors could be bad happens all the time.

bobs-sts-v
04-16-13, 10:44 AM
I posted a thread a while back about my MB injectors locking open and hydro-locking the engine. $9K in repairs. Before it died (never to be restarted by me), it smelled horribly and was belching smoke pretty bad. You are probably not there yet, but don't play around with faulty injectors - the results are never good for either the engine or your wallet.

Bob