: Ordered magnaflow cat back

ajazolino
04-11-13, 09:31 PM
So amazon sent me a 25% off any magnaflow product coupon, which was all the incentive I needed to purchase the full cat back system. Normally $970, I got it for $728 with free shipping. It will be here Monday and I should have it installed by the end of the week!

ajazolino
04-18-13, 12:21 AM
Ok. The videos that were posted DO NOT do this exhaust system justice. Day one of driving with the magnaflow exhaust system and it sounds amazing.

RandyG
04-20-13, 06:33 PM
Ok. The videos that were posted DO NOT do this exhaust system justice. Day one of driving with the magnaflow exhaust system and it sounds amazing.

Hi ajazolino, I'm thinking of the same exhaust but am reluctant to make the plunge fearing It may be too loud. Can yo explain what you mean by amazing. Would you happen to be in the NY, NJ, PA area?

ajazolino
04-21-13, 12:03 AM
Well. The only problem is the system is for RWD only. It doesn't fit the AWD

RandyG
04-21-13, 10:49 AM
Well. The only problem is the system is for RWD only. It doesn't fit the AWD

Oh, is that positive? Because I read some where here that it will fit the AWD. Any body know for sure?

ajazolino
04-21-13, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure it's RWD only. Maybe someone here had mufflers only? I could be wrong though. But anyway it has a bit of a cabin drone around 2k rpm but I don't mind it. Keep in mind I am 28 so I am of the generation that likes the sound. It may not be to everyone's liking. I will try to make a few videos of how it sounds for you. I am in the Cleveland Ohio area actually not too far but not close either.

RandyG
04-22-13, 03:13 PM
OK Thanks..would love to here the recordings you make.

gr8fred1@rcn.com
04-22-13, 08:17 PM
The 15136 magnaflow fit my 2011 cts 3.0 & also fits the 3.6 AWD 4 dr. sedan .It fit perfect,i posted this before. I put it on on a thursday took it off friday (next day) could not stand the drone. It was horrible.Wasted my money. The reason i put them on was i didn't have dual exhaust, the 3.0 luxury comes with single .Still have the setup brand new 1 day old

Crippler
04-23-13, 04:46 AM
Are you located ..

----------

Are you selling the old exhaust ? If so where are you located ?

ajazolino
04-23-13, 05:01 PM
http://youtu.be/fAvS7UYu8O4

Just a little ride along getting onto the highway.

http://youtu.be/kgjq6nKAJkc

And this one is cruising at highway speeds then deciding to get on it!

gr8fred1@rcn.com
04-23-13, 07:15 PM
i am outside of phila. pa.

Bog Man
11-28-13, 10:11 PM
Nice sound. I think I'll get it for my 08 cts 3.6 DI.

OceanLad
11-29-13, 12:18 AM
Think you could do a video of just cruising and not getting on it?

I put 3 inch exhaust on my old XJS and it really took a lot of the fun out of that car for me. Leary of doing that again.

C "T" ess
11-29-13, 11:38 AM
If it''s just sound you are looking for, try just taking the sound silencer out. It's a 15 minute job and makes the car sound like it has a nice aftermarket exhaust. This mod will do nothing at all but give the car a great growl

Rerodz
12-01-13, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have sound clips of it at idle.. I'm thinking about getting a customs 2.5 inch exhaust with an x pipe ,resonators, and some magnaflow muffler or flowmaster Am I correct in saying the magnaflow 15136 kit is a 2.25 in??

mcaruso
02-25-14, 01:57 AM
How do you go about taking out the sound silencer? Any Advice/direction? Thanks

If it''s just sound you are looking for, try just taking the sound silencer out. It's a 15 minute job and makes the car sound like it has a nice aftermarket exhaust. This mod will do nothing at all but give the car a great growl

Panzer Leader
02-27-14, 05:13 PM
How do you go about taking out the sound silencer? Any Advice/direction? Thanks

I would be interested as well.... Any chance of posting some videos with it out? Thanks...

Saggio
03-04-14, 01:48 PM
We had the Magnaflow 15136 Kit installed on our 2010 3.6 Wagon, and it sounds great! Slight drone at 65-70mph only when on an incline.

It's made for the Sedan, but we had in custom installed to fit our wagon.

The system might be for sale soon if anyone is interested for their Wagon, or Sedan.

We have a lead on a CTS-V we might be buying, so no need for this Catback soon.

LMK!

-Thanks!

CrashGuy2016
04-10-14, 01:44 PM
Just had mine installed today. Nice sound. Added to the CAI installed yesterday - wow. The 3.6 sounds pretty mean!