: Really upset - lousy tint job caused car damage.

02-V-DeVille
04-11-13, 07:56 PM
Well ever since I got my new to me 02 Deville I've wanted tint on it.. Mostly due to the fact south Texas summers ain't no joke! Well 3 months have gone by since and and I've finally had a nice chunk of change to do what I wanted. I replaced both tie rod ends, both inner tie rod ends, bought a real nice AppRadio 2 from pioneer, and just got it installed. The last things I needed were tint and a hubcap. Well all day today I've been psyched!. The thought of finally getting tint on my Cadillac made me feel very anxious and nervous. Kinda Like a kid in a toy store with $100.lol..well right off of work I go home to pick up my wife and go to a place Called Secur-It (with no e). A friend of mine recommended I go there, He has had two cars previously tinted there and has had a great experience every time..... Well unfortunately I didn't. When I got to "Secur-It" I asked how much to put tint and they quoted me $150. Ok, well I already knew that so I went ahead and chose the tint I wanted, and was told by the lady at the desk the job would take around two hours... Ok so I call my brother and ask if he could come for me because of the tint job. so he did, and we proceeded to go to the mall and waste time for a couple of hours. So I get back to secur-it and theres a guy at the desk now. ok. so I go outside to the garage and see like 5 guys all over my Cadillac messing with the windows and putting on tint.....ok so there still not finished....(weird because at the rate at which they were working, they could of done the job in 30 mts.)....So I go inside and my wife and I are sitting in the lobby/lounge watching this dumb movie on a projector for a solid 30-45 mts.... so then this guy comes from the garage and casually sits down on the desk, and remains quiet for aa good 15 mts.( I think they would atleast let e know when my car was finished with).. So I go up to the desk and ask about my car; the guy at the counter then tells me that they were finished and my car was outside, and it was going to cost $150.. I as.. well can I SEE the car first..then the guy makes a kind of uncomfortable face and says yea go ahead.....Upon inspection there was not on solid pice of tint that didn't have either DIRT, SCRATCHES,AND FOLDED TINT. So I go back and am like hey guy- w t f- I ask him to step outside and to take a look at the job they did...I show him the messed up parts on the tint, and he's just likeok well lets take it all off then...:O...wtf...So then I get pissed>:(!!..and am like ok well take it off then....so the guy then takes a LOooooong time taking off tint, and I was pissed so I asked him if he wanted me to help him, and to hurry up because I didn't have all day...being I had already waited three hours for a half-ass job...So he moves it along and on my home( about three blocks to be exact) I notice something very odd in my rearview mirror...I have no antenna.---W--T--F--- So I go back REAL pissed now and ask them where the hell is my antenna?? The guys then like "Oh Yeah!" and gives it to me in my hand....I then just completely lost it... I told him hey guy you took this off you better put it back!!!! he then looks at me like if i'm nobody then the owner of the place( which was the guy charging m at the desk) tells me hey hey calm down calm down..theres no need to get like that calm down...who the hell are you to tell me to calm down? YOU calm down!!..he then tells me in idk how many years I have never had to pull off tint like that, and I ask him so what? did you just see me and thought to yourself oh wth hes not gonna care or what? he then starts talking abouth that this is a business, and thaat they did the job correctly ad that I'mthe one that didn't want it. at one point he even told me he had asked me if I wanted to get the tint fixed, and that I had said no....wth...this guy was a real dumbass.then I look over to his other non automotive educated friend and hese ficghting with my antenna with a razor blade...I was just like you know what F Off and give me my antenna back!...

so All day today I managed to get sticky crap on my windows..parts of my door panles scratched up with a razor blade...and a non functional antenna (for the time being don't have anything to stick it back on with)... What should I do...what would you do? Im still very upset about the whole situation and feel I got my property damaged for nothing!>:(...

MoistCabbage
04-11-13, 08:45 PM
Find out if they're insured.

Cadillac Kid03
04-11-13, 11:02 PM
Yea what Moist said and i'm sorry about the headache you have had with a simple tint job.

Hoosier Daddy
04-12-13, 12:07 AM
Sorry to hear things like that. I'm not clear if the owner was there but since someone else vouched for the place, the owner might be a good guy and replace the damaged parts without a fight. Good luck.

77CDV
04-12-13, 01:58 AM
I hate it when small, simple things spiral into a complete disaster. Is the shop licensed and bonded? If so, I'd file a claim with their insurance company, and file a complaint with the state agency that licenses them. I'd also report them to the BBB.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you get your baby fixed up right.

02-V-DeVille
04-12-13, 07:45 AM
Thank You all for your consideration. Yes the owner was the man at the desk charging me for the job before I got to see it. I really wouldn't go that rout, but on the account I just bought this car in extremely great condition both interior wise and exterior wise, I just cant see someone cutting tint on my door panels...How would I go about finding that info? I know BBB, but how would I find out about who insures them and what not? I deeply appreciate the level gratitude being displayed by my fellow car enthusiast'. Thanks for all the help!

truckinman
04-12-13, 08:55 AM
Wow man sorry to hear they pulled that garbage. I'd definitely look into small claims court for the damages to your car as well as what everyone else suggested. Sounds like I could have done a better job even never having done it b4. At least I wouldn't have used your door panels as a cutting board.

cadillac kevin
04-12-13, 09:50 AM
I'd complain to the BBB and call the attorney general. One or the other is bound to get something done for you.

The-Dullahan
04-12-13, 05:29 PM
You should also be able to get in contact with their insurance via whomever owns the business. If the Manager will not give you the name of their insurer, ask the owner.

I have had a similar instance once. I normally work on my cars and refuse anyone else to touch them, but due to lack of time and proximity to said car and it being a simple problem (replacing a three-foot piece of threaded brake line) I figured I would let them try it out. In the end, they broke other parts and had to charge me for them, took DAYS to do it, though it is MAYBE a ten minute job tops and I ended up paying over $600...which is a lot considering parts and labour should have not exceeded $50. I went over their heads and had a full refund and written letter of apology in two days.

I can understand your frustration. Just keep your head about you and get to the bottom of it. Someone owes you. Make them pay.

dkozloski
04-12-13, 08:32 PM
Just drive by the place at night, throw rocks at the building, and go somewhere else for the tint. You'll feel better, it'll all be over, and you can get on with doing something more important in your life.

02-V-DeVille
04-13-13, 12:05 AM
Well Today was a long day. After my experience yesterday as I was leaving that crappy tint shop, I went to another shop called "Auto Tint & Alarm". I got there and asked the lady at the counter if I could get my tint there and when was the soonest it could be done. She told me that there were two cars left for today (it was kind of late) and that tomorrow thy open at 8:30am on a first come first serve basis... So I said ok thank you and that I would be back the next day.. So I get there at 8:30am and there's this guy named Neal (he's a local professional from what I read) at the counter. I ask him if I can get a tint job done and he says yea sure. He takes a look at my car and tells me he as to charge me $30 extra ($150+$30)to take off the old glue from yesterdays tint. I say hey as long as it comes out good I'l be satisfied.. he then tells me ok well right now I have two cars in front of you and my guys don't come in til 9:00am so come by at like 10:00am so I can do your car...Ok sounds great!..so I went to go eat and shop a little to kill some time..I get ther at 9:30am and te guy looks at meand tells me oh hi.. uh.. here fill out this form so you can drop off your car. ok. I start filling out the form and the guy starts telling me..hehe..um.. I kinda didn't think you were going to come back so there's five people.. I said what?..In front of me? then he's like, yea but you can still leave it ad it'll be done like about 5-6 pm....wth..I took the paper and turned around and told the guy Il just have to go somewhere else then....man what a jerk...so I then proceed to go to this other shop called audiovisual...I told them about my experience at secur-it and the guy just flat out told me that the guy who does it at secur-it is the best and he didn't want to risk messing up my tint?....very odd and crappy service throughout this crappy city.. very upset and frustrated I just felt like giving up...then here was my highlight for the day! I remembered about a little audio shop like 3 blocks away from my house...lol...the shops called "Mokick". I would buy small audio stuff like rca's and wires there..so I go by and I remember making friends with the owner so I get there and ask him for a quote. Real friendly guy...we were talking a bit I told him all I had been through and the guy there just told me straight out $180, and I'l do the best I can...Just give me some time..I said hey I live 3blcks away..take all the time you need...he called me within 3hrs..and had a very professional tint job Im 100% satisfied...No bubble no dirt no scratches no nothing...damn I just cant believe everything I went through with all these local shops for a nice tint job.

orconn
04-13-13, 12:50 AM
Please tell us where you live so we can avoid the place like the plague!

dkozloski
04-13-13, 10:03 AM
Stinkin' Creek, Tennessee

02-V-DeVille
04-13-13, 11:30 AM
I live (have lived here all my life)in Laredo Texas. but I've been to California, Nevada, and a few other places around and in Texas.. There is not a bigger crap hole like Laredo...And I was born and raised here.. I have actually been planning to move out ever since ever since I was in the 6th grade... I've just never been able to get out.. Its not the first time This sorta thing has happened. My previous car was a 1998 Bright Purple Metallic Firebird Formula.(been workin since I was 15) Gawd I miss that car..anyways when I got it it had a little damage to the lower quarter panel on the passenger side.. So I took it to a shop that again had been recommended by a friend, that supposedly was a good body shop. well I was quoted $300 and came out with half my car blue and the other bmp...wth...got super pissed went back and threatened them with a lawsuit.. long story short they re did the whole passenger side because of there Dumbasses and the color never fully matched....As a matter of fact I trust absolutely no one with any of mine or my family's cars. I do my own work with everything because of all the scamming that goes on here...Again I'v lived here all my life..

dkozloski
04-13-13, 12:13 PM
The TV series "Laredo" was pretty bad too.

rodnok01
04-13-13, 07:26 PM
Haste makes waste... patience will prevail every time.

02-V-DeVille
04-14-13, 10:29 AM
ha..The tv series Laredo was a joke to us...they make it seem like the police have everything under control, but in reality everyones crazy... from roadrage to gangs to ADDICTS... the whole city is infested with heroin addicts...its crazy...I usually don't cruise much due to the way people are...just work and back...but yea time will tell.
Well on the flip side, I got some pics of the car, and some pics of the radio I put in..and in spite of everything that happened I ordered the pac os2-gm32 but got a scoche brand one instead (a little more pricy) turns out They ran out of the pac so they sent me the scoche...anyways enough of that.. Enjoy the pics!..
Before:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/99FreshenedCherokee/20130113_154512.jpg (http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/99FreshenedCherokee/media/20130113_154512.jpg.html)
After:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/99FreshenedCherokee/20130413_182656_zps15a3b082.jpg (http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/99FreshenedCherokee/media/20130413_182656_zps15a3b082.jpg.html)
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/99FreshenedCherokee/20130413_182918_zpsedf5ca86.jpg (http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/99FreshenedCherokee/media/20130413_182918_zpsedf5ca86.jpg.html)

MrHolland
04-14-13, 12:36 PM
Nice ride!!! I like it!!

talismandave
04-14-13, 02:01 PM
Awesome ride!:drool:

Love the colors and the 1/4 top!:thumbsup:

orconn
04-14-13, 03:07 PM
I don't remember ever seeing a Cadillac of that vintage with an "Opera" top! Looks good.

02-V-DeVille
04-14-13, 11:43 PM
Thanks a lot everybody! got it this Jan.(early b-day present) so far its just been regular maintenance things aside from the tint and radio. but dayum I <3 it! My wifey does too!.. The only two things on the list are a new coolant tank and a new center cap...(flew off on the highway...)

vincentm
04-17-13, 12:11 AM
Loving the Vogue Stardust wheels