: Cadillac SRX 2012 pricing questions

Juventus
04-11-13, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting a Cadillac SRX in the next few weeks and I've found a dealer that is selling one in pretty good condition. The car is a 2012 model FWD, V6, 3.6L, it has 15 000 KM on it and he's selling it for 32,500$.

Is this a good deal or should I keep looking?

Thanks guys,

PS: the car is a base model and is listed as fully equipped.

Marc NY
04-11-13, 10:39 AM
You will need to give us a little more detailed information. Is it a base model, Luxury, Performance or Premium model? What are some of the added options that are on it etc etc.

Juventus
04-11-13, 10:49 AM
You will need to give us a little more detailed information. Is it a base model, Luxury, Performance or Premium model? What are some of the added options that are on it etc etc.

Alright :). Yes it's the base model and the car is listed as fully equipped. Has the 18' wheels.

adamjeeps
04-11-13, 11:20 AM
Base model does not equal fully equipped. That price seems high to me. Is it all wheel drive or front? (Can you even get base model in AWD?) Do you have a link to the ad?

Juventus
04-11-13, 11:32 AM
Base model does not equal fully equipped. That price seems high to me. Is it all wheel drive or front? (Can you even get base model in AWD?) Do you have a link to the ad?

No it's a FWD and I'm In Canada if that changes anything..

TheCaptain
04-11-13, 11:34 AM
Base is only on FWD, and the only options it comes with is dual zone auto climate control, heated front seats, power pedals and windows. Manual seats, liftgate, no homelink.

erdoc48
04-11-13, 11:40 AM
KBB has the price at $35830 for the base model (retail) in excellent condition. That's at 9375 miles which is the same as 15,000 KM. I guess $32K isn't bad but you indicated it's in good condition (I would say it's not bad if the SRX was like new given the low miles). Personally, I think I'd rather have some of the options on the higher level trim models, but that's just one opinion.

Juventus
04-11-13, 11:43 AM
Base is only on FWD, and the only options it comes with is dual zone auto climate control, heated front seats, power pedals and windows. Manual seats, liftgate, no homelink.

Seeing that you live in Canada ( I'm in Montreal ) do u think I would be getting a good deal on this car or should I keep looking?

----------

KBB has the price at $35830 for the base model (retail) in excellent condition. That's at 9375 miles which is the same as 15,000 KM. I guess $32K isn't bad but you indicated it's in good condition (I would say it's not bad if the SRX was like new given the low miles). Personally, I think I'd rather have some of the options on the higher level trim models, but that's just one opinion.

Thanks for the help but mind if I ask what's KBB? :-/

GMJim
04-11-13, 12:06 PM
MSRP on a 2012 Base SRX was $35985 US

Marc NY
04-11-13, 12:22 PM
No it's a FWD and I'm In Canada if that changes anything..Oh yes, in Canada the SRX MSRP can be as much as 4-5k or even higher than the US pricing.

erdoc48
04-11-13, 12:30 PM
KBB = Kelly Blue Book- what helps determine appropriate pricing in the US. NADA.com is also a commonly used source.

TheCaptain
04-11-13, 02:15 PM
If you can live with FWD in Montreal, go for it. It is a fair price. I personally would look for an AWD Luxury Collection for just a few grand more.

Juventus
04-11-13, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your reply. Captain, I've looked everywhere for a AWD and the ones I was interested in all have high KM. I'm trying to settle for one under 30 000 KM.

TheCaptain
04-11-13, 07:31 PM
Well, you know what you want then, go for it!