: MGP Caliper Covers with Vossen CV3 Rims. Opinions needed!

Ryantc911
04-11-13, 09:17 AM
I've got a 2011 black cts coupe and i've got some Black and Silver 20" Vossen CV3's on the way. I would like to get some Caliper Covers from MGP but am having trouble deciding between black and silver. My first instinct was to go red but because the 5 Spoke Vossens are spaced out the covers will be completely visible and I'm afraid they may look cheap so im now leaning towards silver with black engraving. What do you guys think?

SILVER WITH BLACK ENGRAVING

-OR-

RED WITH WHITE ENGRAVING

-OR-

RED WITH BLACK ENGRAVING

smca
04-11-13, 01:40 PM
Black would look good.

Pdabs
04-11-13, 02:06 PM
What does this have to do with performance?

HurstGN
04-17-13, 12:35 PM
What does this have to do with performance?
It's like a red or yellow sticker. :yup:

sandcracker21
04-17-13, 08:35 PM
Red with black or black with silver. Black with silver will be more low key and "clean" but red would be flashy

tinman
04-18-13, 11:53 AM
G3 - paint them. No stickers. And powder coat the hats on your rotors while you are in there.

Sal33n
04-18-13, 03:31 PM
Quote "What does this have to do with performance?"

Haven't you ever heard "Chrome go faster"??? ;)

gohawks63
04-20-13, 08:14 AM
G3 - paint them. No stickers. And powder coat the hats on your rotors while you are in there.

I painted mine. Didn't notice them much with the stock wheels, but much more visible now with the satin black 5 spoke Lorenzos I just got. I get a ton of compliments now.

Just make sure you use caliper or engine paint so that the paint is heat resistant.

Added at least 5 horsepower. ;)

shmiddy
04-20-13, 09:17 AM
I just bought a set of caliper covers. I painted my calipers last year but they dont look so good this year. Hope they look better and easier to clean with the covers
I got yellow with black writting. Kinda the V Look