: How to use cargo tie-downs? Two seem to be missing?

flycaster
04-11-13, 08:22 AM
On page 4-3 of the manual there's a picture of the cargo tie-downs. However, there are only 2 places showing where to secure your cargo net. Shouldn't there be 4 places to secure the net? Am I missing something?

marktanner
04-13-13, 03:16 PM
Early build cars have the 4 rings, but the newer ones only have 2, for use mostly with the cargo net. The others were so far forward I doubt most people could reach them through the small opening.

flycaster
04-14-13, 12:44 PM
Early build cars have the 4 rings, but the newer ones only have 2, for use mostly with the cargo net. The others were so far forward I doubt most people could reach them through the small opening.

Any idea on how to use just 2 rings to secure a tie-down net? I would add 2 extra rings if I knew how.

marktanner
04-15-13, 01:46 AM
There is an accessory cargo net that is about $50, and it attaches to the back of the trunk vertically using the two rings to clip onto. One can place smaller, loose items in there ( it's sort of like an envelope with double walls). One can't really tie down anything with, more like store stuff in it. I have one, and it is very useful.

Fraggy
04-15-13, 01:50 AM
There is an accessory cargo net that is about $50, and it attaches to the back of the trunk vertically using the two rings to clip onto. One can place smaller, loose items in there ( it's sort of like an envelope with double walls). One can't really tie down anything with, more like store stuff in it. I have one, and it is very useful.

My car came with that, I thought it was standard. Lol.

flycaster
04-15-13, 07:42 AM
My problem is that I took my cargo net from my BWM when I traded in. I guess I could use the net like an "envelope" (fold it back upon itself), but I think it would be more effective if I were able to put two extra hooks further back on either side of the inside of the trunk. Anyone have any ideas on how to place hooks in the trunk?

stevenzoz
04-15-13, 08:35 PM
I ordered what I thought was the Cadillac cargo net accessory with the 4 tie downs but in fact received the one with 2 clips (the same exact one I had on my Buick Regal) but it is still an official ATS accessory. So I was just thinking this is the only one you can get now

flycaster
04-16-13, 09:37 AM
OK, so it's two clips - Any idea how it is supposed to be used?

stevenzoz
04-16-13, 10:05 PM
OK, so it's two clips - Any idea how it is supposed to be used?

it just runs along the front of the trunk near the opening and is sort of like an envelope.. Its the same cargo net used on many other GM sedans (like the Buick Regal and Lacrosse)

flycaster
04-17-13, 09:00 AM
it just runs along the front of the trunk near the opening and is sort of like an envelope.. Its the same cargo net used on many other GM sedans (like the Buick Regal and Lacrosse)

Yeah, that's what I thought. How lame can that be!

Anyone reading this thread have an idea on how two more attachments can be placed within the trunk so that one can use four tie-downs. Like I'm sure, but don't know where, two more hooks can be placed so that a proper net can be used?

bungee91
04-17-13, 04:52 PM
I have 4 tie downs in my trunk and if for some reason it'd be of help I can take a picture of where they're placed.

flycaster
04-17-13, 05:27 PM
I have 4 tie downs in my trunk and if for some reason it'd be of help I can take a picture of where they're placed.

That would be very nice of you, Bungee.

bungee91
04-17-13, 08:47 PM
That would be very nice of you, Bungee.
Not the best pictures, but it was dark in the garage.. :)
Just the one side, it's obviously the same on both.
I took a measuring tape to the back of the seat for you to get an idea of the distance (if you can read the numbers).
It is possible that the metal bracket it attaches to is present under the carpet for you, but I have no idea.
I actually had these off the other day when I was attempting to remove my taillights. They all come off easy enough, you pop the plastic cover off with a screwdriver and it hides a larger headed torx bolt, not sure the size off hand 45 or so.

flycaster
04-17-13, 09:27 PM
Hey, Bungee, thanks for the effort. Can't get to it tonight, but will take a look tomorrow. For the life of me, I can't understand how Cadillac went so cheap and inefficient when they stopped putting in the rear (and necessary) attachments. And while I'm ranting, I also find it hard to believe that the seats don't set according to which fob is being used; and holding the seat button until the seat reaches its position...what the h*ll were they thinking, or not thinking for that matter.

Bertha D Blues
04-17-13, 10:35 PM
My car has 4 tie-downs. It was built in October 2012

flycaster
04-18-13, 12:31 PM
I just spoke with Caddy parts and they said that the only thing they have is a set of 4 hooks/loops/bolts/plates that would cost $140. This would mean that I'd have to buy the whole set-up and only use 2. Not me! What I'm thinking is that I could just use a a pair of hardware hooks, screw them through the liner into a larger wood backing to give support to the liner??? The tension on the hooks wouldn't be that large that it should cause a problem. Looking for ideas.