: Anyone's stock V here got over 100K mileage?

Eswat
04-11-13, 02:46 AM
Because I would pick a V sedan(Wagon also possible) to my place after couple months, as I know here got "0" V at average ppl but only one lives at AIT.
So I need to arrange possible issues at beginning, I may need to avoid or prepare when I go US.
Just wonder that what is the biggest repair fee(except crush) at the period, which reason?
Detailed repair history are very helpful too,thanks a lot.
If no owner got such mileage, over 60K mileage would be helpful too;)
Well, I am new here and really happy to know you all:D
Last June I go Atlanta and drive dealer's V and friend's moded V, I think this is what I want:yup:

neuronbob
04-11-13, 06:11 AM
There are several V owners over 100k miles, and also over 50-60k on the site. From what is reported, the cars hold up reasonably well with routine maintenance. There is a thread with 100k mile Vs, but you may have to search for it.

USAFRET
04-11-13, 08:25 AM
Guess I have a long long way to go, my 2011 coupe just turned 4800 miles. But I'm interested in hearing from "high mileage" V owner's. I know over on the Corvette Forum high mileage vette's are actually holding up very well, even with all the bitchin and complaining over GM's use of cheap interior's and what not. The basic power train is dam near bullet proof.

Eswat
04-11-13, 03:47 PM
As my opinion, LSA & 6L90E/TR6060 they seems like matured design and structure.
But they may got some tiny modifications to match different application or lineup, these may cause issues after long mileage.
Like seals leak, pumps failure, parts or components crack, hoses crack, or interior/equipments damage, it's must something need to repair or replace.
But when I read the service manual, it seems not too much things need to replace, is V so reliable?

Jinx
04-11-13, 04:29 PM
My 2005 LS2 Corvette (manual) has almost 99,000 miles. My only mechanical trouble was a cracked water pump just after 60,000 miles. Non-mechanical issues have been reasonable, and typical for the car. My previous 2001 LS1 Corvette went to 75,000 miles with the same story, just the water pump at 60,000 miles.

From my research so far here, the CTS-V's weak points seem pretty minor, more annoying than disabling.

Eswat
04-11-13, 07:07 PM
Is the rattle caused any other fail or issues?
I mean the supercharger's rattle.

JFJr
04-11-13, 08:38 PM
75,000+ miles here. No rattles, squeaks, thumps, etc.; and I hear as good as anyone else that complains about noises. Not having to listen to music turned up to maximum volume helped. Solid car!

Jud

Wireboltman
10-29-14, 07:29 PM
69K and no rattles, squeaks, or otherwise.

4th set of back tires and 3rd front.
4 times to the track and one SCCA Autocross