: Anyone's stock V here got over 100K mileage?

Eswat
04-11-13, 03:46 AM
Because I would pick a V sedan(Wagon also possible) to my place after couple months, as I know here got "0" V at average ppl but only one lives at AIT.
So I need to arrange possible issues at beginning, I may need to avoid or prepare when I go US.
Just wonder that what is the biggest repair fee(except crush) at the period, which reason?
Detailed repair history are very helpful too,thanks a lot.
If no owner got such mileage, over 60K mileage would be helpful too;)
Well, I am new here and really happy to know you all:D
Last June I go Atlanta and drive dealer's V and friend's moded V, I think this is what I want:yup:

neuronbob
04-11-13, 07:11 AM
There are several V owners over 100k miles, and also over 50-60k on the site. From what is reported, the cars hold up reasonably well with routine maintenance. There is a thread with 100k mile Vs, but you may have to search for it.

USAFRET
04-11-13, 09:25 AM
Guess I have a long long way to go, my 2011 coupe just turned 4800 miles. But I'm interested in hearing from "high mileage" V owner's. I know over on the Corvette Forum high mileage vette's are actually holding up very well, even with all the bitchin and complaining over GM's use of cheap interior's and what not. The basic power train is dam near bullet proof.

Eswat
04-11-13, 04:47 PM
As my opinion, LSA & 6L90E/TR6060 they seems like matured design and structure.
But they may got some tiny modifications to match different application or lineup, these may cause issues after long mileage.
Like seals leak, pumps failure, parts or components crack, hoses crack, or interior/equipments damage, it's must something need to repair or replace.
But when I read the service manual, it seems not too much things need to replace, is V so reliable?

Jinx
04-11-13, 05:29 PM
My 2005 LS2 Corvette (manual) has almost 99,000 miles. My only mechanical trouble was a cracked water pump just after 60,000 miles. Non-mechanical issues have been reasonable, and typical for the car. My previous 2001 LS1 Corvette went to 75,000 miles with the same story, just the water pump at 60,000 miles.

From my research so far here, the CTS-V's weak points seem pretty minor, more annoying than disabling.

Eswat
04-11-13, 08:07 PM
Is the rattle caused any other fail or issues?
I mean the supercharger's rattle.

JFJr
04-11-13, 09:38 PM
75,000+ miles here. No rattles, squeaks, thumps, etc.; and I hear as good as anyone else that complains about noises. Not having to listen to music turned up to maximum volume helped. Solid car!

Jud

Wireboltman
10-29-14, 08:29 PM
69K and no rattles, squeaks, or otherwise.

4th set of back tires and 3rd front.
4 times to the track and one SCCA Autocross

thzpcs
10-31-14, 05:50 AM
I've never heard anything about them going out at high miles. They're pretty darn reliable with proper maintenance

Teamsorad
10-31-14, 06:46 AM
I bought my 2011 auto Sedan with 75k and almost 81k now. No problems other then getting the blower replaced as I was buying it. I was happy to save 10k over the "lower" mileage Vs

Zhariak
10-31-14, 09:49 AM
I'm not as high mileage as the other guys posting... But:

I've got a 2013 V Coupe. Only driven it two summers (total amount of 10-12 driving months) but I've racked up 54,000 Kilometers (about 33500 miles I think), and it's just been rock solid. First oil change when I bought the vehicle brand new, there was an engine oil leak coming from the front crank or something. Since it was fixed, absolutely no issues.

First summer of ownership, I actually paid for a few extra oil chances just to keep the engine clean.

Every day, this vehicle is as tight, or tighter then the day before. I still get pleasantly surprised on certain days where outside temps cause the vehicle to perform better then the day before.

One thing I did notice, I've only ever driven it in sport suspension mode. Accidentally forget to set it the other day. I was hearing creaking from the suspension, but this went away after driving it for a couple hours and hitting some speed bumps. I think it was just because I've always had it in sport, and the suspension never got to have the full play that it gets in Tour mode.

As long as you follow the strict break in procedure, change your oil, and watch/replace clutch fluid when needed you should be laughing (and of course the proper maintenance). And always let the vehicle drive warm up before driving in freezing conditions.

I've been through 2-3 sets of tires, haha but that's my fault.

baabootoo
10-31-14, 12:00 PM
Is the rattle caused any other fail or issues?
I mean the supercharger's rattle.

If it does, you have 10 years and 100K miles to get it fixed under warranty.

JFJr
11-01-14, 08:35 PM
My car is in for the 100,000 service because it's a great car and there is really nothing comparable to replace it. If the ATS-V is a "me too" 6 cylinder POS, then I'm going to look at something else, maybe one of those Hellcat Dodge's, particularly if it can have a manual transmission. I don't race so that's an alternative. The V8 is certainly not dead and will be around as long as internal combustion engines power cars. Listen up GM!

thebigjimsho
11-02-14, 12:40 PM
Hello kitty.

JFJr
11-03-14, 07:11 PM
Back to the XTS loaner while my 100,000 mile service on my V was being done. The verdict, it's a nice car and will satisfy a lot of buyers. The steering (probably electric) needs a little tuning; it reminds me my wife's 2013 Sonata. The front wheel drive is noticeable, but not obnoxious. The brakes tend to grab at the end of travel. However, on the positive side, the drivetrain is smooth and powerful for normal driving. The interior is comfortable. And CUE, ha haa, I could warm up to it but I don't like the control feedback, and the volume controls below the screen need refinement. I even like the styling better than the current CTS. It is certainly a nice successor to the DTS and will be appreciated by that crowd. It's good to experience the other Cadillac models and see what most buyers will go for. The XTS is no V but it shows that Cadillac is making strides. In the end I'm really glad to have my V back!

cts-v ls6
11-04-14, 01:03 AM
2010 V with M6, daily driver work car with 138K miles. Bought used with 10K miles. Replaced blower, shifter, and rear end under warranty. Replaced plastic overflow bottle for radiator (cracked and leaking coolant). No squeaks, no rattles, very tight, shifts smooth, no blower rattle since used the solid isolator after the new blower install. Has original clutch. Knew about the gas mileage before buying and decided not to worry about it. Did not know it eats tires! Have used Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, etc. Cannot get more than about 30K miles on a set, and these are 85% highway miles at 75 MPH. Great car. Nav is a little awkward. Had a jerk in early morning traffic in Memphis today that was not going to let me in line. Pissed me off, I stepped down on it in second and the car got sideways in a New York second. He let me in.

Jack

Trapspeed
11-06-14, 03:26 PM
Has original clutch.

What??? Wow.