: Underbody question

hambone8
04-10-13, 10:25 PM
I've spent the last 20 min trying to figure out what the big metal tank looking thing is between the two exhaust tips and visible from the rear of the vehicle. Hangs below the bumper. I thought it was part of the exhaust system. It's always annoyed me a little that its visible and just noticed mine now has a black streak in the middle of it going length wise. I haven't bottomed out on anything and really not sure what its from. Automatic car wash maybe... Dont think the dealer would have done it during the tire rotation. Any ideas? Please forgive my ignorance. I know little at best about what makes an automobile function.

Ponyman
04-10-13, 10:45 PM
It is part of the exhaust system. Either a muffler or resonator, which is essentially a secondary muffler.

ladypro
04-11-13, 11:01 AM
anybody paint theirs black?

TheCaptain
04-11-13, 11:34 AM
I will be come summer.

GMJim
04-11-13, 07:40 PM
anybody paint theirs black?Marc NY did, and had a thread about it.

Marc NY
04-11-13, 09:24 PM
Marc NY did, and had a thread about it.Yes I did ... back in the summer of 2011 right after I got my 2012 SRX. I think it is a great look check it out and let us know what you think of painting a muffler black. I think you will agree too that it looks so much cleaner painted with High Temp Black paint. :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/237572-fug-ugly-beautiful-15-min-less.html