: put some new brakes on the ride!

big greg
04-10-13, 09:41 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/23ii6pv.jpg

----------

Zinc plated. No rusting here! Some pics of the new wheels. Forgot to take pics with wheels after brakes

http://i50.tinypic.com/vmvj8z.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2e249om.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/161nl14.jpg

Superjim
04-10-13, 10:14 PM
Very nice... :) :thumbsup:

big greg
04-10-13, 10:25 PM
Thank you sir. My knees kinda hurt after all the kneeling. I'm not even thirty. What the heck. Lol

kadylac1
04-10-13, 11:38 PM
@big greg: Those brakes look really nice. I want to get these for my 08 DTS...

Power Stop Brake Kit (K4654-26)

Asguard726
04-10-13, 11:40 PM
I really like the rims! Are they bright chrome or that smokey chrome? Hard to tell on my iPad.
Not yet thirty and already fussing about knees...just wait. l'm just shy of 46 and sometimes I just
wake up in the night going "what the hell is that and why the hell is it hurting so much" ;-)
Dan

big greg
04-11-13, 12:14 AM
Kadylac. Yes they are nice. I'm hoping they hold up. And the rims are bright chrome they shine. And they are Giovannas which are relatively expensive. Wrapped in new lexani tires. And I know I've moved too much heavy weight in my teens. My body does not like it now

kadylac1
04-11-13, 12:43 AM
Kadylac. Yes they are nice. I'm hoping they hold up. And the rims are bright chrome they shine. And they are Giovannas which are relatively expensive. Wrapped in new lexani tires. And I know I've moved too much heavy weight in my teens. My body does not like it now

How do you like those Lexani Tires so far? This weekend I'm installing a new set of 22" Lexani LX-7 wheels (22x8.5) with Lexani LX-Nine tires (245/30R22).

big greg
04-11-13, 12:55 AM
There OK. That's what I have lx-nine 255/30s there a little noisy but they ride as well as my 235/50 18s

----------

For 100$ a tire I couldn't complain

kadylac1
04-11-13, 12:58 AM
There OK. That's what I have lx-nine 255/30s there a little noisy but they ride as well as my 235/50 18s

----------

For 100$ a tire I couldn't complain

Yeah, my wheel guy said that Lexani tires are good tires at a great price.

Superjim
04-11-13, 08:36 AM
Thank you sir. My knees kinda hurt after all the kneeling. I'm not even thirty. What the heck. Lol

Just wait till you get to "MY" age... LOL

big greg
04-11-13, 09:19 AM
Just wait till you get to "MY" age... LOL

I thought about that Jim lol I won't be working 10 hours then five on my car that's for sure.

Superjim
04-11-13, 12:18 PM
I thought about that Jim lol I won't be working 10 hours then five on my car that's for sure.
Believe me, I understand that very well... LOL

big greg
04-15-13, 11:08 PM
Boy are these babies starting to stop!

kadylac1
04-19-13, 02:47 AM
Boy are these babies starting to stop!

How is that new brake system working out for you?

Gomaz
04-19-13, 07:10 AM
and do the drilled and slotted rotors eat thru the pads faster then normal rotors?

22ink
04-19-13, 07:42 AM
Those are some of the cleanest 22's Ive seen yet. I ve had three sets and all have been destroyed (bent rims) broken tie rods....alignment issues....come to the conclusion that i cant keep beating my ride up anymore.....bums me out but ive resigned myself to the 18" performance wheels.....those are extremely nice brother...

big greg
04-19-13, 08:45 AM
How is that new brake system working out for you?

Awesome. Low dust and really easy stops

----------

and do the drilled and slotted rotors eat thru the pads faster then normal rotors?

I use ceramic pads. I'm not sure if they do or not.

----------

Those are some of the cleanest 22's Ive seen yet. I ve had three sets and all have been destroyed (bent rims) broken tie rods....alignment issues....come to the conclusion that i cant keep beating my ride up anymore.....bums me out but ive resigned myself to the 18" performance wheels.....those are extremely nice brother...

Thank you sir, I only ever bent a 24. And those caused this car a lot of headache. These here are a good brand and everything is new on my car. So I'm confident that if I'm careful it will be OK. Plus the tire size is only 1% different than stock

22ink
04-20-13, 02:18 PM
Awesome. Low dust and really easy stops

----------

I use ceramic pads. I'm not sure if they do or not.

----------

Thank you sir, I only ever bent a 24. And those caused this car a lot of headache. These here are a good brand and everything is new on my car. So I'm confident that if I'm careful it will be OK. Plus the tire size is only 1% different than stock

Yeah....22's will always be my favorite wheel.....its not the wheel or the quality of said wheel.....its simply the 30 series tire....I wish a 35 or a 40 would work and id never run anything else.....freeway transition took one driver front.....pothole took another....and an improperly graded saw cut section of the road took out all 4 at once. The city paid for that set....plus rental carand alignment costs....but ive been forced to recognise that a 30 series tire and the weight of the DTS just isnt compatible unless your roads are pristine....and here in the sacramento area unfortunately they are not.....but those wheels are easily the nicest ive seen yet.....im envious and truly wish you luck keeping them round....

big greg
04-20-13, 03:22 PM
Yea they came with a set of 35s. I wish they would have fit. But Yea a pothole is what caught my 24. And I'm hoping to keep these around. Now keeping them clean on the other hand lol.