: ATS Radio Problem

CarFanatic
04-10-13, 07:20 PM
Hello, I am new to the Cadillac community and love my ATS thus far. However, I am having a problem with the radio. The first few weeks I had the car it worked perfectly fine but recently every time I put on a radio station it randomly switches and scans through all the other stations on Sirius Radio. Thank you for the help in advance!

Saboona
09-27-13, 10:03 AM
Hello, I am new to the Cadillac community and love my ATS thus far. However, I am having a problem with the radio. The first few weeks I had the car it worked perfectly fine but recently every time I put on a radio station it randomly switches and scans through all the other stations on Sirius Radio. Thank you for the help in advance!

Hello, I also am having the same issue with the Radio. I am an owner since Feb 2013 and have taken in my ATS twice this year. The dealer that sold me the car says they cannot fix the issue unless they see it happen. It happens everyday on my part. I explained to them that I have a video of it happening, their reply was we can't fix a problem unless our tech see it happen while its in their presences. Seeking help. Best Regard.

Hoosier Daddy
09-27-13, 10:21 AM
Hello, I also am having the same issue with the Radio. I am an owner since Feb 2013 and have taken in my ATS twice this year. The dealer that sold me the car says they cannot fix the issue unless they see it happen. It happens everyday on my part. I explained to them that I have a video of it happening, their reply was we can't fix a problem unless our tech see it happen while its in their presences. Seeking help. Best Regard.
Get in touch with Customer Service. Obviously, its not true that they can't fix it unless they see it happen. It may be harder to fix without some computer telling them the exact part but that's their problem. It should not be yours. What is undoubtedly happening is the dealer is afraid they will lose money because it will take them longer trial and error than Cadillac will reimburse them. Customer Service (800 number or via the forum) is your best chance to get some action. Too bad your dealer isn't the kind to go the extra mile for their customer.

Dave3283
09-27-13, 10:46 AM
Techs can't trouble shoot anymore ? Get the meter out, check the channel switches. Scanning for no reason sounds like a short.

Saboona
09-27-13, 03:18 PM
Get in touch with Customer Service. Obviously, its not true that they can't fix it unless they see it happen. It may be harder to fix without some computer telling them the exact part but that's their problem. It should not be yours. What is undoubtedly happening is the dealer is afraid they will lose money because it will take them longer trial and error than Cadillac will reimburse them. Customer Service (800 number or via the forum) is your best chance to get some action. Too bad your dealer isn't the kind to go the extra mile for their customer.

Thank you, I will try that tonight! Never think about calling Customer Care, I figured that what my dealer is for.

mitchflorida
09-27-13, 08:02 PM
You say it happens "every time", but they can't duplicate the problem?

Muffin
09-28-13, 03:38 PM
That's GM techs standard answer taught at GM schools thru out the country.dah I can't hear or see anything wrong. I need a code I need a code. Darn no code you Mr customer are the stupid one. O and have a good day

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-28-13, 04:42 PM

Hello Saboona,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your ATS as well. Have you reached out to our Customer Care team yet as Hoosier Daddy suggested? Have you also asked if you could sit and duplicate the issue for the tech or Service Advisor yourself? If you haven’t contacted Customer Care yet, please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com so we can further discuss your concern. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with. If you send an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

wcbrown
01-09-14, 05:16 PM
I am a loooong time Cadillac owner and a Cadillac ATS owner as of Feb. 2013. I have had my ATS in about 4 times for the radio. So far, I'm on my third radio and a new receiver and my car's radio is still malfunctioning...like saying my signal is blocked and the radio won't play, even though it is a sunny day outside; or not playing my iPod even though it's on and plugged in; once even making a loud screeching sound and unable to be turned off or do anything until I turned the car actually off. If anyone has experienced any of these issues, speak out. Hopefully, Cadillac will take care of me and keep in the fold as a happy customer. Been driving Caddies since 1998 and owned at least one of vurtually every model line.

Hoosier Daddy
01-09-14, 05:59 PM
It sounds like the problem is beyond the ability of your dealer. If the same part gets replaced multiple times without a cure, its not likely the problem is in that part. Better trouble shooting is needed. I don't recall the exact symptoms but seem to recall someone having that module replaced several times before they figured out it was getting the wrong voltage coming in. The point is, if the book procedure doesn't find the problem, it won't help to just keep replacing the part the procedure recommends. I think you need someone who can step outside the box and figure it out, not just follow a cookbook.

ikireland
01-10-14, 10:32 AM

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but think of it like going to a doctor and asking why you where sick last month, they won't know, they could guess, but they won't know for sure unless the condition is present at that time. As for the dealer scared of not getting reimbursed, what's wrong with that? A dealership is a business with the end goal of profit, so if GM won't pay them to replace "part a", and the Custer won't pay since the vehicle has warranty, what's so bad about them not being willing to work for free? I know I don't go and work for free and I'm sure no one else here does. If GM would auth any and all attempts at a repair then I guarantee you that every dealer would go above and beyond and try anything to fix any concern, but of course GM won't authorize a repair unless the condition has been confirmed and diagnosis leads to a repair. Sure there are times when dealers will acknowledge. Problem and have a very good educated guess and GM will be ok with the attempt, but those are few and far between.

Hoosier Daddy
01-10-14, 05:00 PM
Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but think of it like going to a doctor and asking why you where sick last month, they won't know, they could guess, but they won't know for sure unless the condition is present at that time. As for the dealer scared of not getting reimbursed, what's wrong with that? A dealership is a business with the end goal of profit, so if GM won't pay them to replace "part a", and the Custer won't pay since the vehicle has warranty, what's so bad about them not being willing to work for free? I know I don't go and work for free and I'm sure no one else here does. If GM would auth any and all attempts at a repair then I guarantee you that every dealer would go above and beyond and try anything to fix any concern, but of course GM won't authorize a repair unless the condition has been confirmed and diagnosis leads to a repair. Sure there are times when dealers will acknowledge. Problem and have a very good educated guess and GM will be ok with the attempt, but those are few and far between.
You aren't stirring any pot, just reinforcing what I had said. This is a forum for Cadillac owners and their interests, not to solve the disfunctional relationship between GM and its dealers. Its no secret that the system is screwed up as you described but the ower is not part of the screw up. The dealer and manufacturer are, just as you described. And that is what has cost them dearly in market share. I've never heard anyone say they think a dealer should work for free. But the customer paid up front for whatever repairs are needed unless you think the warranty was free. If the manufacturer miscalcuulted on the costs or refuses to pay the dealer to fix documented problems, that should not add to the customer's problem.

ikireland
01-10-14, 06:18 PM
We're on the same page, dealerships hands are tied by GM in lots of cases