: Oil Question

cooldaddypop
04-10-13, 06:12 PM
Hi, i'm new here, my name is Joe and would like to ask a question about oil. Is it possible to damage the motor using just a conventional motor oil? I see the recommendation is a synthetic oil but can damage be caused by using conventional oil 1 or 2 times?
The reason i'm questioning this is i'm having issues with oil pressure, the gauge bounces up and down and the bell dings.Seems to be doing it when the car is accelerated after warm up. Been reading about an oil pick up tube o ring problem. Not sure if I should go after the sender or something other. Thanks

the cadillac man
04-10-13, 06:31 PM
Hi, i'm new here, my name is Joe and would like to ask a question about oil. Is it possible to damage the motor using just a conventional motor oil? I see the recommendation is a synthetic oil but can damage be caused by using conventional oil 1 or 2 times?
The reason i'm questioning this is i'm having issues with oil pressure, the gauge bounces up and down and the bell dings.Seems to be doing it when the car is accelerated after warm up. Been reading about an oil pick up tube o ring problem. Not sure if I should go after the sender or something other. Thanks

Different oils won't damage anything it seems like the pick up tube o ring is at fault hence the gauge going nutty it could be the sender if the ring is ok

wesyder
04-10-13, 07:26 PM

Id go after the sender first since its easier if not then the o-ring

cooldaddypop
04-10-13, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys thats what i'm kinda thinking.