: Check Engine light came on yesterday , today stability system disabled message!!

sosatyme72
04-10-13, 02:28 PM
Ok so I have a '03 Escalade with 112k, which I just purchased month ago. Yesterday check engine light came on and passed by a shop he connected the reader and said it was a air mass sensor that i need to replace, he reset the check engine light said if it comes up again to bring it in, also mentioned could need a tuneup since he said looks like plug wires are still original and most likely so are plugs...i shouldve got the code but totally forgot at that moment.

Now, today Stability System Disabled message came on.will i damage anything if i keep driving with it, does it go away? Right now I dont really feel no difference in car ride..

Im looking for a mechanic in my are to take it to i previously has a bmw and took it my mechanic but he dealt with european cars this is a cadiilac... so might be a difference...trying not to take it to a dealer since i knwo i'll probably get raped with their prices.

What do you guys suggest i do in terms of both issue??/

thanks!

the cadillac man
04-10-13, 04:30 PM
Ok so I have a '03 Escalade with 112k, which I just purchased month ago. Yesterday check engine light came on and passed by a shop he connected the reader and said it was a air mass sensor that i need to replace, he reset the check engine light said if it comes up again to bring it in, also mentioned could need a tuneup since he said looks like plug wires are still original and most likely so are plugs...i shouldve got the code but totally forgot at that moment.

Now, today Stability System Disabled message came on.will i damage anything if i keep driving with it, does it go away? Right now I dont really feel no difference in car ride..

Im looking for a mechanic in my are to take it to i previously has a bmw and took it my mechanic but he dealt with european cars this is a cadiilac... so might be a difference...trying not to take it to a dealer since i knwo i'll probably get raped with their prices.

What do you guys suggest i do in terms of both issue??/

thanks!

The mass air flow sensor most likely needs cleaning(these 6.0s are picky about that)
The stability disabled message can be anything (mine threw this message on long trips and it was the module firmware(dealer only)
As far as a dealer any gm dealer can service it as the power train is the same as the other gm stablemates(this is a truck based suv)

That tuneup isn't hard to do I replaced my plugs in my driveway(didn't need wires as mine are good)I got the gm professional iridium plugs worth the money (if you have 100.000 or more miles then new plugs is a need)

sosatyme72
04-10-13, 07:24 PM
ok thanks for the input..the stability dis. messag goes away? is this something that needs to be looked at asap? will i notice something about ride or damage anything if i keep driving while message is on?

the cadillac man
04-10-13, 09:03 PM
ok thanks for the input..the stability dis. messag goes away? is this something that needs to be looked at asap? will i notice something about ride or damage anything if i keep driving while message is on?

You won't notice any difference or damage anything driving the truck like this most likely its the firmware needing updated in the ebcm mine did like this I had the firmware updated and it hasn't done it since

sosatyme72
04-16-13, 08:39 PM
I went Auto Zone to get my codes read, can anyone tell me what these are or what needs to be done??thanks!

P010
CO283
CO196
CO455

the cadillac man
04-16-13, 09:46 PM
I went Auto Zone to get my codes read, can anyone tell me what these are or what needs to be done??thanks!

P010
CO283
CO196
CO455

Need the full p code before I can look them up(I like to do them all at one time)

sosatyme72
04-16-13, 09:59 PM
ahh man thats all i wrote down...

Need the full p code before I can look them up(I like to do them all at one time)

the cadillac man
04-16-13, 11:55 PM
ahh man thats all i wrote down...

Ok I will work with what you got (sorry for taking so long between replies I was working on a tv)

----------

P010
CO283
CO196
CO455

The p code is most likely the mass air flow sensor(need the full code to be sure since there is109 p0100 codes
The c0283 is for the the Stabilitrack system switch(its the button with the car with lines behind it)
Mine would throw a service stability system message on long trips(yet throws a odd code) the dealer updated the firmware on the ebcm module and it fixed the issue so check with a dealer with this

The c0196 is also for the ebcm

I am going to guess the ebcm(electronic brake control module) is in need of replacing I would get to a dealer since the module may be going nutty

sosatyme72
04-17-13, 07:18 PM
ok thank u sir!

the cadillac man
04-17-13, 09:08 PM
ok thank u sir!

As soon as you can get the full p code I will help you figure it