: Help finding ball joint

gornati
04-10-13, 12:20 PM
Could someone tell where i can find this?

This came out of a friends 1972 coupe deville, but we had no lucky on finding this one either o ROCK AUTO or EBAY...

Cadillac Giovanni
04-10-13, 12:54 PM
None of the ball joints on Rockauto are correct? Sometimes the parts look a little different, but they fit the same. I assume that's a lower ball joint?

gornati
04-10-13, 01:06 PM
none of them fits, i already ordered from rockauto no luck.
whos ever saw this? anyone with a 72 deville?

Cadillac Giovanni
04-10-13, 01:55 PM
Have you tried a local store like Auto Zone? They're not always the biggest help. If you have a privately owned Mom & Pop auto parts store, you should try them, too. You'd be surprised what they have in the back room sometimes.

gornati
04-10-13, 02:32 PM
well here is what i found.

http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/70/cadillac/deville/alignment/camber_eccentric.html?3593=36134

i (http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/70/cadillac/deville/alignment/camber_eccentric.html?3593=36134) am from Brasil, the nearest autozone from me 7000 miles away.

outsider
04-10-13, 02:35 PM
If the parts from rockauto didn't fit them i'd assume he doesn't have the stock set up? See if you can find a part # on the part or something.

gornati
04-10-13, 02:54 PM
If the parts from rockauto didn't fit them i'd assume he doesn't have the stock set up? See if you can find a part # on the part or something.
i tried already, parts are clean as hell, no part numbers on it.
this is the exact same control arm as mine same exact ball joint as mine, but on rockauto or ebay the sellers sell a different ball joint.

cadillac_al
04-10-13, 08:10 PM
I took a look at rockouto to see if they were using generic photos and looked up my 70 Impala and they showed the exact balljoint. I looked up the 72 Coupe and Raybestos 5051014 looks almost exactly like yours I think. If there is a difference then it may have been some update over the years. Is that the one you already looked at?

carnut
04-10-13, 09:05 PM
Try www.rareparts.com

deVille33
04-11-13, 09:54 AM
If you cannot locate one, I'll check my surplus, parts from my parts store. All new old stock.

The Ape Man
04-12-13, 06:51 PM
See if older Cadillacs use the same number. IIRC that front end went back to 1962.

gornati
04-14-13, 08:27 AM
If you cannot locate one, I'll check my surplus, parts from my parts store. All new old stock.

I will, thanks!

----------

I took a look at rockouto to see if they were using generic photos and looked up my 70 Impala and they showed the exact balljoint. I looked up the 72 Coupe and Raybestos 5051014 looks almost exactly like yours I think. If there is a difference then it may have been some update over the years. Is that the one you already looked at?

This is the same as RockAuto sent me!

----------

Try www.rareparts.com

Checking right now!

----------

Try www.rareparts.com

The picture shows the same as RockAuto sent me!

Won't fit the control arm!