: Brand new to the boards.

koreanpers
01-09-05, 02:10 PM
I currently own a 98 Lexus gs400. I am looking for a fwd vehicle for the winters. I have been doing some research on the 98+ seville sts or sls. I am hoping to find out more in the coming days!

danbuc
01-09-05, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. Always glad to see another caddy enthusiast find their way here.:D

D148L0
01-09-05, 03:24 PM
Welcome

CADDYBLACK99
01-10-05, 08:45 AM
Welcome!

Good luck with your caddy hunting! Thanks for joining the forum.
:welcome:
Paul

elwesso
01-10-05, 11:40 AM
98 STS is a great choice.. before long, youll be having that lexus the winter car and the caddy the summer car :D

koreanpers
01-10-05, 03:22 PM
98 STS is a great choice.. before long, youll be having that lexus the winter car and the caddy the summer car :D

lol:D , i wonder what my clublexus bros would think about that? hahahah...! i m glad to be here. im gonna start looking for my sts soon. now on some thread i saw that the sls actually has more torque? so it gets of the line quicker than the sts? does it get signifacantly better gas mileage? is there any reason to chose the sls over the sts? thanks!

STS 310
01-10-05, 09:34 PM
You will be just fine in and STS. IMO you would be better in a pre 98 aesthetically, only because I think it had better lines. However, in any effort you will be good off in the post 97 era. Its all up to you.

And uh, your brothers will raz you but take them for a ride, they will really envy you!!!

Welcome, and go Caddy.

Oh, and its all in the goodies you want.

Also, I didnt see the reat of that last post. The SLS has a slight edge in the torqe curve in the gearing. Yes, but the STS will wrap you up when you hit that first corner. Also being an owner, look for the Z rate, no limiter. There really is no difference other than what I mentioned and the STS has a stiffer suspension which means a "sportier" feel. I love the SLS, used to own one, but STS has my heart.

If performance is what your asking about, the SLS gives little to nothing to its counterpart STS. I have dusted many folks in my SLS, just at 112mph, I coudnt do any more. :crybaby:

Current STS, NO LIMITER, 150mph and ?

STS 310

koreanpers
01-15-05, 12:23 AM
You will be just fine in and STS. IMO you would be better in a pre 98 aesthetically, only because I think it had better lines. However, in any effort you will be good off in the post 97 era. Its all up to you.

And uh, your brothers will raz you but take them for a ride, they will really envy you!!!

Welcome, and go Caddy.

Oh, and its all in the goodies you want.

Also, I didnt see the reat of that last post. The SLS has a slight edge in the torqe curve in the gearing. Yes, but the STS will wrap you up when you hit that first corner. Also being an owner, look for the Z rate, no limiter. There really is no difference other than what I mentioned and the STS has a stiffer suspension which means a "sportier" feel. I love the SLS, used to own one, but STS has my heart.

If performance is what your asking about, the SLS gives little to nothing to its counterpart STS. I have dusted many folks in my SLS, just at 112mph, I coudnt do any more. :crybaby:

Current STS, NO LIMITER, 150mph and ?

STS 310

Hi! thanks for the info. how do you remove the limiter?

Showgun
01-15-05, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the board and what`s up from Texas !

1SICKLEX
01-17-05, 03:50 PM
I currently own a 98 Lexus gs400. I am looking for a fwd vehicle for the winters. I have been doing some research on the 98+ seville sts or sls. I am hoping to find out more in the coming days!

What up dude.:coolgleam Anoterh CLers here.

BeelzeBob
01-17-05, 07:48 PM
Welcome aboard, Koreanpers (and 1SickLex, for that matter. And I know YOU from CL!). ClubLexus is a great site. :) :) Nice GS in that first post! I think Lexus makes some truely amazing vehicles...

I think the Seville would be great for you as a FWD vehicle. I've always considered the GS and Seville something 'alike' in ways.. I've never driven a GS (or even in one) so I can't give a comparison, but they're both excellent, classy vehicles...

Again, welcome aboard... And thank you for signing up!

P.S. Maybe you guys could give the administrators at CL a little nudge about cross-linking our sites. Lexus is Japanese luxury - Cadillac is American luxury. We'd certainly compliment eachother's site nicely. Check out the links we've got to other boards on our forum front-page...

1SICKLEX
01-19-05, 05:56 PM
Welcome aboard, Koreanpers (and 1SickLex, for that matter. And I know YOU from CL!). ClubLexus is a great site. :) :) Nice GS in that first post! I think Lexus makes some truely amazing vehicles...

I think the Seville would be great for you as a FWD vehicle. I've always considered the GS and Seville something 'alike' in ways.. I've never driven a GS (or even in one) so I can't give a comparison, but they're both excellent, classy vehicles...

Again, welcome aboard... And thank you for signing up!

P.S. Maybe you guys could give the administrators at CL a little nudge about cross-linking our sites. Lexus is Japanese luxury - Cadillac is American luxury. We'd certainly compliment eachother's site nicely. Check out the links we've got to other boards on our forum front-page...

Wow, your the admin here awesome. Okay, I'll run it past Dave, Ethan for you. I'll also add it to my site, www.seloc.net, shoot me a PM/e-mail of what u want. seloc1@gmail.com

Mike

BeelzeBob
01-20-05, 09:20 AM
Wow, your the admin here awesome. Okay, I'll run it past Dave, Ethan for you. I'll also add it to my site, www.seloc.net, shoot me a PM/e-mail of what u want. seloc1@gmail.com

Mike
Thank you!