: Transfer case part number

pinnacledbm
04-10-13, 10:05 AM
I have been advised that I need to replace the transfer case (and innards) on my 2006 Escalade Ext Pickup. The garage mentioned that they would also replace a gasket and an outer hose.

Can someone advise what the relevant part numbers are for each of these items so that I can be sure I order and ship the correct parts.

Thanks

YoshiMan
04-10-13, 11:15 PM
A Brand new transfer case from GM is going to be prohibitively expensive! it would be much more cost effective to get yours rebuilt

the cadillac man
04-11-13, 12:26 AM
A Brand new transfer case from GM is going to be prohibitively expensive! it would be much more cost effective to get yours rebuilt

I second that new factory parts like this are pricer then rebulit

pinnacledbm
04-11-13, 02:05 AM
I notice you can purchase an overhaul kit - will that do it ?

Alt I ship over here a rebuilt one and then sell on the old case. Not sure how easy to replace - is it just remove and fit other or is there any balancing / special tools needed. The list of part included gasket and hoses

YoshiMan
04-11-13, 10:48 PM
Whats wrong with your current T-case? Does it have bad bearings? Or was there some sort of catastrophic failure that chewed up the gears? If it's a bearing issue, then yes, rebuilding it will address the issue.