: Part # Request - Factory 18" Wheel, Premium Trim, RWD, Rear

bungee91
04-10-13, 08:09 AM
I'm not delighted to say that I caressed a curb this morning with my wheel, and now need to replace a rim... :ill: Maybe it could be reconditioned, but my car deserves better...LOL

I'm looking to find the factory part # to do some shopping around.
It's my passenger rear, and my car is RWD with the wider rear tires (18 x 9 I believe).

Thanks for any info.

bungee91
04-10-13, 10:24 AM
Never mind I found it. Part #22921896. Quite a pricey part!

gfxbt
04-10-13, 11:26 AM
Yea $500 seems pretty ridiculous for an OEM wheel. I'd talk to the dealer and see what they can do, or consider re-conditioning it. If the cars had been out longer, I'd say check junkyards, but I doubt there are a lot of smashed ATSs (/ATS parts) floating around junkyards at this point. Good luck.

amaximeya
04-10-13, 11:45 AM
There are a few new ones on ebay.... $275ish. here is a link to one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ATS-Factory-Wheel-Rim-13ATS18-SILVER-2013-2013-/181044975426?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a271f1742&vxp=mtr

bungee91
04-10-13, 12:52 PM
Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.. I contacted the Ebay guy, and waiting to hear back.. I'm guessing they're not the wider rear that I need but I'd love to be wrong.

RippyPartsDept
04-10-13, 12:54 PM
that ebay item is the front (8" width) wheel
if they have that one they might have the 9" rear though
great price too (oh it's remanufactured... that makes more sense)

grasshopper
04-10-13, 12:54 PM
There are a few new ones on ebay.... $275ish. here is a link to one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-ATS-Factory-Wheel-Rim-13ATS18-SILVER-2013-2013-/181044975426?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a271f1742&vxp=mtr

This is reconditioned wheel. BE CAREFUL: many reconditioned wheels are repaired for the gouges and scratches then simply painted over with silver color. The wheel you have is actually a machined face with silver paint on sides of the spokes. Most unsuspecting people would not notice the difference, but there's a huge difference in reflection of light from bare machined aluminum finish vs silver paint. If you are looking to repair the damage in the photo, I'd say you have more of...ummm...discriminating taste. : )

The dealer cost of the wheel is around $439 (dealer almost had to replace mine). You can purchase a new one through midwesttireandwheel. The company sells the fronts on ebay. Contact them and ask for the rears. They quoted me around $325 plus shipping.

Another option is to have the wheel repaired...the right way: side spokes painted and face machined. The price should be around $150-$200. Only downside is that you'll have to give up the wheel from 1 week to 2 weeks...off the car. Most dealers always have a wheel repair guy on the side: you can easily have the tire demounted/mounted back and have the wheel repaired while the car waits at the dealership. Some dealership will actually offer a free alternate car to drive.

amaximeya
04-10-13, 03:12 PM
Ahh good catch on the remanufactured. Didn't see that. Midwesttireandwheel sounds familiar... I think I bought a 17 in wheel from them 8 or so years ago when I cracked a rim on my Envoy. I'd recommend them as well. They have the wheel you're looking for but I think it's the front, not rear. Might be worth contacting them to see if they have any , as grasshopper mentioned.

bungee91
04-10-13, 05:23 PM
I've contacted Midwest tire and wheel and purchased a new replacement wheel. It worked out to be quite a bit cheaper than from a dealership, and they were great to deal with. Their auction is this one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=251215857652&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=43183646439
and they had both front and rears available.
$340 shipped, I couldn't complain (in comparison anyhow... LOL).