: Voice command nav queary.

Topless vette
04-10-13, 08:18 AM
I have most things figured out on my V, but, am not sure about the nav. Does it operate with voice command, such as speaking "goto" and you state an address and it takes one there? Or do I have to punch all the info in manually only and hit destination ? Is it all done manually? I have read the manual 46 times and have not figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated. If it matters, is a 2011.

Mongopush
04-10-13, 07:46 PM
If you have onstar activated just tell them, they will plot it out for you.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-12-13, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=Topless vette;3281133]I have most things figured out on my V, but, am not sure about the nav. Does it operate with voice command, such as speaking "goto" and you state an address and it takes one there? Or do I have to punch all the info in manually only and hit destination ? Is it all done manually? I have read the manual 46 times and have not figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated. If it matters, is a 2011.[/QUOTE

Hello Topless vette,

I am more than happy to assist you with this concern. If you private message me your VIN# I will be able to look further into this issue for you. Thank you, have a great day!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Topless vette
04-12-13, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Topless vette;3281133]I have most things figured out on my V, but, am not sure about the nav. Does it operate with voice command, such as speaking "goto" and you state an address and it takes one there? Or do I have to punch all the info in manually only and hit destination ? Is it all done manually? I have read the manual 46 times and have not figured it out yet. Any help would be appreciated. If it matters, is a 2011.[/QUOTE

Hello Topless vette,

I am more than happy to assist you with this concern. If you private message me your VIN# I will be able to look further into this issue for you. Thank you, have a great day!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Vin sent. Thank you Laura

MSOsr
04-12-13, 12:20 PM
Laura:

Can you post the response here? I've not used the voice command either except to go home.

Mike

Xaqtly
04-12-13, 01:18 PM
For what it's worth, I usually use the OnStar iPhone app, because it has access to my contacts. You go into the app, go to nav, in the search bar hit the phone book icon, bring up the contact you want to navigate to and tell it to send to the in-dash nav. This works even when the car is off.

Topless vette
04-12-13, 01:41 PM
For what it's worth, I usually use the OnStar iPhone app, because it has access to my contacts. You go into the app, go to nav, in the search bar hit the phone book icon, bring up the contact you want to navigate to and tell it to send to the in-dash nav. This works even when the car is off.

I don t subscribe to Onstar, and i don t have an Iphone. but thanks for the input.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-12-13, 07:25 PM
Laura:

Can you post the response here? I've not used the voice command either except to go home.

Mike

Hello Mike,

In order for me to be of further assistance for you it would be easiest if you Private Message me on this forum. In your private message if you include your VIN# I can research this answer for you and get back with you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Topless vette
04-12-13, 07:59 PM
Laura I resent my vin
Had a 8 instesd of B