: New 90 Brougham D'Elegance owner with questions

bikertrash3531
04-09-13, 11:44 PM
This is my First Cadillac and first GM product ever owned. From what little research I've done, the car has the Chevy 5.7L 350cid V8 with a 4L60E Automatic.

First thing is, my digital fuel gauge is not working. Where do I need to look for the problem and how available are the parts? Also, where can I find the bumper/ tail light filler pieces and the piece for the rear license plate/ fuel door? Everything else seems to work fine minus the factory CD player which will probably get an aftermarket unit soon enough. Lastly, where on the car can I find a code to tell me what gearing I have in the differential?
Thanks in advance,
BT

Cadillac Giovanni
04-10-13, 12:08 AM
Hey, welcome to the board!

The fuel gauge problem is a toughie. Could be the sender or the wiring, but I've heard that the dashboards themselves are prone to failure. Is it just reading full all the time, or showing empty?

I bought my replacement fillers from http://www.steelerubber.com/, and they're pretty good. They also have great quality weatherstripping if you ever need it.

Not sure about the diff. Someone else probably knows for sure.

cadillac kevin
04-10-13, 12:20 AM
Hey, welcome to the board!

The fuel gauge problem is a toughie. Could be the sender or the wiring, but I've heard that the dashboards themselves are prone to failure. Is it just reading full all the time, or showing empty?

I bought my replacement fillers from http://www.steelerubber.com/, and they're pretty good. They also have great quality weatherstripping if you ever need it.

Not sure about the diff. Someone else probably knows for sure.

check the SPID on the right side of the trunk lid for the RPO for the rear end. GU_ is the rear end ratio while G80 is posi, IIRC

bikertrash3531
04-10-13, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the quick replies! It looks as if the gauge is reading full at all times. Also thanks for the link on the fillers. I will post a pic of the gauge asap to confirm that it is reading full.
BT

jayoldschool
04-10-13, 11:29 AM
Gas gauge is likely broken ground at the tank.

brougham
04-12-13, 10:48 AM
Check the wiring for the fuel guage from the sender. The digital dashes are prone to problems but usually if that was it the guage wouldn't light up at all or it light up different segments and flash around a bit. It's more common for the odometers to go out.

There was no options when it came to gears it went by engine. 5.7 was the towing package so it's probably a 3.08.