: Celebrating An Anniversary

COBlackZ06
01-09-05, 01:46 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm celebrating this weekend. It was one year ago this weekend that I purchased my Corvette: a black 2003 Z06.

I crave performance, and I fell in love with this car the day I saw it sitting on the lot. But, stepping up from a '91 Corvette, it was a big adjustment (both in terms of power, and price.) I went around for the first two days in a state of disbelief that I had actually gotten this Vette. That gave way to a huge grin the first time I had a chance to really take her out and open her up.

Man, this thing has power! 405 HP. I've done some minor mods to fudge that number a little: Borla exhaust and K&N Air-filter. Let me tell you, that Borla just sounds mean when I hold the revs. I've also added some louvers to the tail-lights and around the license plate frame to give the rear a bit of character.

The next major mod I want to do (other than some cosmetic stuff around the exterior) is to get a supercharger. Unfortunately, that's about an $8,500 upgrade, so it's a budget item.

The only downside to this ride is that for all it's power, it has no weight over the rear wheels, which makes it pretty bad on an icy or snowy day. (Hence, the Eldorado for those bad weather days. Although, I've been so surprised at how much I enjoy the Eldorado, I've actually taken to driving it a lot more than I originally figured I would.)

Still, for the past year, this Corvette has been the car I've been truly in love with. I plan to celebrate it's anniversary by taking her out for a nice long cruise today- she's been cooped up in the garage all week. I thought I'd post some pics to show her to everyone!

:)
-Patrick

majax
01-09-05, 03:03 PM
ORGASMIC!!

very nice car I am glad you 2 are happy together for a long time..

Leloz
01-09-05, 03:17 PM
Congratulations!

danbuc
01-09-05, 03:20 PM
I wish you many more years of happy motoring, and hope that I may one day have a one year anniversary for my Z06 :D .

davesdeville
01-09-05, 06:22 PM
Post pics of the Eldo. :yup:

DutchJ&M
01-10-05, 06:03 PM
Member of the Black Sheep?? ;-)

COBlackZ06
01-10-05, 09:43 PM
Post pics of the Eldo. :yup:

Of Course! Pics of both my rides...

davesdeville
01-10-05, 10:25 PM
Two really nice cars. :2thumbs:

danbuc
01-10-05, 10:35 PM
AWESOME! :thumbsup:

COBlackZ06
01-11-05, 10:38 AM
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the compliments, and so does Zixxer (yes, I named my Z06. I know, I know: :cookoo: ) We had a great drive Sunday, with temps in the mid-fifties. Unfortunately, winter has returned this morning, so its back in the garage for the Vette.

Member of the Black Sheep?? ;-)

Ya know, Dutch, I've heard folks mention this "Black Sheep Squadron" before, but I've never actually heard if it's like an actual club. I've even googled to try and find if they have a website- all I get are fan sites for the old "Black Sheep Squadron" television show.

I'll have to ask some folks with black vettes in my local Corvette club if they've ever heard of it.

-Patrick

MH99CADEDO
01-11-05, 11:20 AM
You know, I thought I was obsessed with my vehicles, but you're ate up.
Hey nice rides. ENJOY