: How to move icons

handymantoo
04-09-13, 08:27 PM
I would like to move valet icon and add it to the 4 icons on the front screen.

pkadanec
04-10-13, 02:36 PM
What do you mean by the "valet" icon?

handymantoo
04-10-13, 03:42 PM
that's the icon you use when you valet park your car

st4422
04-10-13, 06:09 PM
If you are referring to the app shortcut icons at the top of the screen, as far as I know, they can only be apps from the home screen. You might try making the Valet mode a favorite. Go to the Valet screen in Settings, bring up the favorites from the bottom of the screen and press and hold a favorite button to store as a favorite. I haven't tried it for Valet mode but the same method works in some other situations.

handymantoo
04-10-13, 07:16 PM
thanks, I could not make it a favorite, but I did move the setting icon to the front screen and that eliminates one screen to get to valet.

If you are referring to the app shortcut icons at the top of the screen, as far as I know, they can only be apps from the home screen. You might try making the Valet mode a favorite. Go to the Valet screen in Settings, bring up the favorites from the bottom of the screen and press and hold a favorite button to store as a favorite. I haven't tried it for Valet mode but the same method works in some other situations.

flycaster
04-20-13, 09:18 AM
I often see the A/C icon for top/bottom air flow up on the top of a screen along with other shortcut apps. How do I get this icon up to this position. I know its drag/drop, but not sure how to do it. Also, I would assume that the car has to be running to do this as the A/C icons don't show when car not running.

st4422
04-20-13, 06:37 PM
From the CUE manual...

To add an application from the Home Page to the applications tray:

1. Press and hold any icon on the Home Page to enter edit mode.

2. Drag the icon to the applications tray.

To remove an item from the applications tray, drag the icon from the applications tray back to the Home Page.

Adding or removing applications from the applications tray will not remove them from the Home Page.

flycaster
04-20-13, 07:43 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that, but I think I was trying to do something that you can't do in CUE. I wanted to move one of the A/C icons up tot he task tray. With it there, I could just select it and thee will be the desired A/C. But I don't hink it can be done as it is no a Home screen icon...

st4422
04-20-13, 08:16 PM
Preset A/C settings.That's something that would be useful for sure. Just like the previous case above, you could try to make a favorite from the A/C settings.

buddy220022
06-03-13, 04:57 PM
Hi how many icons are we suppose to have stock on the cadillac srx 2013? I have 8 but called cadillac headquarters and they said I am suppose to have 9. the extra one being photos or videos. Do any of yall have this? Thanks!!

Chris Shillinger
06-04-13, 02:40 PM
The photo/video icon is for vehicles with the rear seat entertainment package. If you have this package then you should have the video icon. That being said, only 8 icons fit on one home screen. if there were a ninth, it would be on a second home page.

Ragtop 99
03-17-14, 02:51 PM
I was finally able to move my shortcuts around using st4422's instruction. Got rid of the settings shortcut and replaced it with the Pandora shortcut.