: Buying 2013 SRX - any known discounts?

Kuya
04-09-13, 02:31 PM
Hello

I don't get the chance to come on here as often as I should. But everyone was so helpful when I picked up my 2010 Premium AWD Plat Ice SRX 2.5 years ago. This was one of the most helpful sites I have ever found, for buying my cadillac.

Here we are again . . . I am buying a 2013 SRX.

I live in upstate New York, but don't mind traveling a few hours to get the best deal. Last time around I drove a few hours out to Long Island because my local dealer was moving too slow and was not dropping his prices competitively.

I am stepping down from the Premium, which is a heartbreak. But I have come to realize that many of the really cool things I love about the Premium . . . I never use. The AWD is great . . . I think, but we don't get a chance to test it. We don't have the winters we used to have here in New York. It snows, but nothing any heavy vehicle can't manage.

So, in short, I am looking at a luxury model with Nav (not onstar), CUE, FWD.

So far, the best price I have found is $42,661.

Does the GM employee discount beat this? And if so, do people still share that discount? I know they used t on here, some time ago . . .

I am bank approved and ready to go . . . I just need a fantastic deal!

Side note: Very sad, as the most amazing deal slipped away because my bank took too long to approve. Found a 2013 used SRX Performance for $42,000. Less than 2k miles. I wanted this SRX BADLY . . but today my bank approved me, and when I called to close the deal, I found it was sold yesterday. Damn Stupid slow bank lol.

GMJim
04-09-13, 03:06 PM
I can offer you a supplier discount. It would knock a couple thousand off a NEW 2012 or 2013.

Thanks for considering GM/Caddy again.

Kuya
04-09-13, 03:36 PM
Thanks GMJim

How does that work? Do I need to buy the SRX through you? If not, do I make my best deal and then get a discount, or is the discount in lieu of a negotiated best deal?

For example, if my MSRP is 45,250.00, they have already come down a few thousand in the negotiation process. Will a supplier discount still help me?

Thanks!!

I can offer you a supplier discount. It would knock a couple thousand off a NEW 2012 or 2013.

Thanks for considering GM/Caddy again.

GMJim
04-09-13, 06:17 PM
Some negotiate a better price than the supplier discount. Some don't like to negotiate. Ask them about the supplier discount, and see what's best.

Kuya
04-09-13, 08:08 PM
Ok, so I just reached out to the dealer to find out what the supplier discount would be on this particular model. I will let you know if it's lower than the current price I negotiated. If it is lower, then I will be thankful to work with you in how to proceed.

Kuya
04-11-13, 10:25 PM
He ran the discount . . . and it initially got me a lower price . . but we ended up negotiating an even lower price without the discount. Thank you GMJim so much for offering your help!!!!

zinner
04-17-13, 11:50 PM
He ran the discount . . . and it initially got me a lower price . . but we ended up negotiating an even lower price without the discount. Thank you GMJim so much for offering your help!!!!

I have found in the 4 times I have bought a vehicle with the supplier discount that they don't even process the discount and just sell it to you at whatever price you can negotiate with them.