: Some questions here need advise,thanks.

Eswat
04-09-13, 02:05 PM
Hello, I'm new here and very glad to meet you all.
I am planning to have a V or V wagon couple within months, and also planning "mod" related things.
First question: How much handling difference between V wagon and sedan? Any virtual example?
Second, I am planning to shave over 400lbs weight from V, please advise me some efficient options, lighter is better:thumbsup:
All these options&weightsaving I would do are:
Carbon hood&driveshaft&clutch assembly-79lbs
Lightweight front seat-around 132lbs
Battery-around 40lbs
ZR1 brake kit:around 77lbs(not sure)
Custom titanium full exhaust:around 35lbs

any other advise?
For wheels I think except some unique things like all carbon made, forged magnesium, or the effect would not too much.
Some Jp wheelmakers make awesome lightweight wheels, but the width was not enough(I planning to put 325/25-19 at rear).

Da V-Man
04-09-13, 02:53 PM
You didn't indicate your driving intentions for the weight loss program. Are you planning to track the car? mile? Both?

Since you asked for advice - instead of spending mega bucks to lighten a V, why not just buy a ZL1? It's already 400+ pounds lighter and will respond better to the same mods. Just a thought.

Eswat
04-09-13, 03:23 PM
You didn't indicate your driving intentions for the weight loss program. Are you planning to track the car? mile? Both?

Since you asked for advice - instead of spending mega bucks to lighten a V, why not just buy a ZL1? It's already 400+ pounds lighter and will respond better to the same mods. Just a thought.

Most ppl here don't know how powerful about V, they just think it's a luxury sedan with average performance.
My condition just allow me to have a car right now, for tracking..sometimes, quartermile..no, but random challenge at road...yes:D
This V would be my daily car, sometimes I have to pick my 2 kids, so I do not planning to mod engine related things..yet, otherwise I would pick Z06 LS7:thumbsup:
I think shave weight would increase overall performance, but not effect engine would avoid many necessary&related items to mod and not decrease mpg too.
And my place here just like what I said, the situation is not too much mechanics work with OHV engine well, just very elite&elder mechanics able to care these muscles, so that's another reason that why I just only mod about weightsaving.