: 93' Idle re learn

vlkswgn16v
04-09-13, 12:26 PM
I have found a couple different procedures through various web searches. So, what is the correct idle re learn procedure for a 1993 allante?

I took this car out of storage, and replaced the battery. Now it idles at around 3k. I have tried a couple of the process, and have not had much luck. It will idle at a normal 700-800 rpm during the process. Then once I turn the car off, and restart it goes back to 3k. I have a new IAC on order, but I would like to make sure I have the correct re learn process.

MoistCabbage
04-09-13, 04:29 PM
The procedure should be in your owners manual. It's not necessary, as the idle is always being "learned".

Your '93 does not have an IAC valve.

vlkswgn16v
04-09-13, 05:06 PM
Thanks, This car does have an extensive owners manual. I should have thought to check there first. Does it have an ISC motor then? I'm deffinatly still learning my way around this car. Its way different from what I normally work on.

MoistCabbage
04-09-13, 10:45 PM
Yes, it does have an ISC motor. Northstars didn't get IAC valves until '96.

Didn't notice you were a new member, :welcome: .

vlkswgn16v
04-16-13, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your help. After cleaning the throttle body, replacing the TPS, ISC, and doing the procedure in the owners manual. The car is now idling at the normal level.