: My 2003 Escalade XS-500 Done at last!

Jophusp
04-09-13, 09:40 AM

Well its all Done! Took me four months to get everything right, but its done. Thanks to everyone who chimed in, especially jjtwomey. I had the Supercharger rebuilt with upgraded bearings, and an aftermarket billet impeller. Went from 7 to almost 9lbs boost. Had a tensioner made, and while I had the front apart, changed the water pump, ac belt, blah blah. I took off the recirculating valve, and put on a blow-off valve. Now I get that WHOOSH when I let off at high RPM, also the charger whines, so its no sleeper anymore. Not a big deal to me, just happy to have it back to its full Throw you back in your seat potential. I know the engine bay is dirty, I will get that cleaned up. just so glad to be done.

Jophusp
04-09-13, 09:45 AM

Yea I have to shine up those exhaust tips, any tips on that?

Jophusp
04-09-13, 09:52 AM

Yes the headlights need to be cleaned.

jnrsesv
04-09-13, 10:26 AM
Congrats and WTG!!! Good looking vehicle to boot.

Any chance of getting a sound clip of that bad boy?

jjtwomey
04-09-13, 11:12 AM
Congratulations nice work, glad to help a fellow xs 500 owner enjoy your new power I bet it sounds great with the blow off valve

That color looks awesome too, never seen any like it near me

----------

Congratulations nice work, glad to help a fellow xs 500 owner enjoy your new power I bet it sounds great with the blow off valve

chacho44
04-09-13, 03:47 PM
I'd love to have an XS. Now get a video of in full throttle

Jophusp
04-09-13, 04:07 PM
I will try to get a video of 0-60. The Blow off Valve is hardly ever used, being an automatic, but its cool when it does. I am guessing thats why I can get away with using it, without setting off the Mass Air Flow sensor.

boge
04-10-13, 07:51 AM
Great looking truck! What year is it? Does that xs 500 come from the factory or is that all mods you did yourself? I never seen or heard of one until now. I love my escalade but I would love it even more with 500 ponys

Jophusp
04-10-13, 10:05 AM
Great looking truck! What year is it? Does that xs 500 come from the factory or is that all mods you did yourself? I never seen or heard of one until now. I love my escalade but I would love it even more with 500 ponys

Thanks man, its a 2003. I have 115000 miles on it. The XS-500 was a factory option. If you google it, there is more detail. Mine came with the engine mods, (Supercharger, upgraded fuel pump, bigger injectors,) The dual exhaust, bigger brakes, and a few cosmetic touches. Retailed new for almost $100,000.00. I did not know much about these until I found this one. The guy I bought it from had no clue either. That helped me out. I went from 7lbs factory boost, to almost 9lbs, so I should be making in excess of the factory 522 horsepower.

boge
04-10-13, 11:19 AM
Nice!!! Sounds like my dream truck. Great find, I'm jealous. Enjoy your truck

jjtwomey
04-10-13, 01:28 PM
Nice!!! Sounds like my dream truck. Great find, I'm jealous. Enjoy your truck

Yeah these things are mint, crazy thing is mine uses Ford injectors, I supposedly have the last 3 left in America for my spares I found that to be pretty funny seeing as its 90% a Chevy

the cadillac man
04-10-13, 01:57 PM
Yeah these things are mint, crazy thing is mine uses Ford injectors, I supposedly have the last 3 left in America for my spares I found that to be pretty funny seeing as its 90% a Chevy

When upgrades are added anything can be possible on parts

bpc87
05-02-13, 08:19 AM

----------

From the back it looks black but you can clearly tell from the front its the forest green color they made idk the exact name of it but it is indeed rare to find i look on autotrader every month or so to see whats out there for colors and price and found that the green and the cherry red also cant remember the exact name are the hardest colors to find. They made another red too but it looks like a fire engine red in my opinion i think its ugly

Jophusp
05-02-13, 09:10 AM
From the back it looks black but you can clearly tell from the front its the forest green color they made idk the exact name of it but it is indeed rare to find i look on autotrader every month or so to see whats out there for colors and price and found that the green and the cherry red also cant remember the exact name are the hardest colors to find. They made another red too but it looks like a fire engine red in my opinion i think its ugly

I hate the red, not to bash those who like it. I always thought I would want Black or white. Did not even realize there was a green. When I saw it, I was not crazy about the color, but it grew on me, and I like that there are not 10 in my town that look just like mine. I have also seen one that is a dark Blue. not sure if it was a factory color though.

the cadillac man
05-02-13, 12:16 PM
I hate the red, not to bash those who like it. I always thought I would want Black or white. Did not even realize there was a green. When I saw it, I was not crazy about the color, but it grew on me, and I like that there are not 10 in my town that look just like mine. I have also seen one that is a dark Blue. not sure if it was a factory color though.

Also red makes it a target for theft (higher insurance cost as a result)

Silent_Assasin
05-03-13, 08:05 PM
Yeah i think the green is the Metallic Envy Green, there was one for sale on craigslist a while back! I drove almost 6 hours to buy my truck it is the Rip Tide Blue! Looks kind of green when its cloudy but really metallic blue in the direct sun! lol Its pretty funny everyones always asking what color it is because it totally depends on how your looking at the truck or how the sun just happens to be hitting it! Its a beautiful color like almost every cadillac color out there! But yeah i have never seen this model of Escalade before! good stuff man!

----------

I hate the red, not to bash those who like it. I always thought I would want Black or white. Did not even realize there was a green. When I saw it, I was not crazy about the color, but it grew on me, and I like that there are not 10 in my town that look just like mine. I have also seen one that is a dark Blue. not sure if it was a factory color though. Yes its Rip Tide Blue, and its factory! thats one of the many things I like about my truck, you dont see it every where like you do Black or Pearl/Diamond White! I live in a really big city and I have only seen 1 other Escalade the same color as mine, but i have seen a couple tahoe's and yukon's close to the same color!

the cadillac man
05-03-13, 09:41 PM
Yeah i think the green is the Metallic Envy Green, there was one for sale on craigslist a while back! I drove almost 6 hours to buy my truck it is the Rip Tide Blue! Looks kind of green when its cloudy but really metallic blue in the direct sun! lol Its pretty funny everyones always asking what color it is because it totally depends on how your looking at the truck or how the sun just happens to be hitting it! Its a beautiful color like almost every cadillac color out there! But yeah i have never seen this model of Escalade before! good stuff man!

----------

Yes its Rip Tide Blue, and its factory! thats one of the many things I like about my truck, you dont see it every where like you do Black or Pearl/Diamond White! I live in a really big city and I have only seen 1 other Escalade the same color as mine, but i have seen a couple tahoe's and yukon's close to the same color!

They are the same color(most likely under a different name) but that is a different color then what most escalades are in(there is a few black ones besides mine and my moms) I have seen a couple in pearl white and one in red no blue one yet

Silent_Assasin
05-04-13, 11:04 AM
They are the same color(most likely under a different name) but that is a different color then what most escalades are in(there is a few black ones besides mine and my moms) I have seen a couple in pearl white and one in red no blue one yet Yeah you def dont see many blue escalades especially ones that look green from a different angle lol, but you got regular Black and also the Raven Black, which is the most common i see besides pearl white!....diamond/pearl white is BY FAR the most popular color for caddy owners, dont matter what the vehicle is,but you see that color at every corner in my area! I dont think ive ever personally seen the envy metallic green, I just seen one of craigslist a few months back, and the guy had in the listing that it was a factory color in '03

Silent_Assasin
05-04-13, 11:18 AM
Here this is the Green Envy Metallic..... I love this "good hood" by the way! does anyone have any experience with one of these bad boys? Has anyone bought/installed the whole kit? i know you can just buy the hood without the filter system or whatever comes with the kit!? do they help with gas mileage/power etc...?
...I will upload pic's of my rip tide blue in a few days once the SNOW melts! lol yes, I live in Iowa and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground!

Silent_Assasin
05-04-13, 11:39 AM
sorry reposted on accident

the cadillac man
05-04-13, 01:53 PM
Here this is the Green Envy Metallic..... I love this "good hood" by the way! does anyone have any experience with one of these bad boys? Has anyone bought/installed the whole kit? i know you can just buy the hood without the filter system or whatever comes with the kit!? do they help with gas mileage/power etc...?
...I will upload pic's of my rip tide blue in a few days once the SNOW melts! lol yes, I live in Iowa and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground!

Sweet pics btw nice hood

Silent_Assasin
05-04-13, 04:17 PM
Thanks but its not my truck, its one I seen on craiglist about 3 months ago lol, its still on there for sale! hes only asking $22,000 for a 2003, I couldnt imagine why he hasnt sold it yet! LOL :cookoo: I def want that hood though, they are anywhere from 500-1200 depending on where you look online! You can spend a little extra for the kit that supposedly helps with torque/power and mileage but who knows, either way i think they look really good!
Sweet pics btw nice hood

the cadillac man
05-04-13, 05:53 PM
Thanks but its not my truck, its one I seen on craiglist about 3 months ago lol, its still on there for sale! hes only asking $22,000 for a 2003, I couldnt imagine why he hasnt sold it yet! LOL :cookoo: I def want that hood though, they are anywhere from 500-1200 depending on where you look online! You can spend a little extra for the kit that supposedly helps with torque/power and mileage but who knows, either way i think they look really good!

I am going to guess you mean the forced air intake on the hood but that's one pricey hood even though it looks sweet

Silent_Assasin
05-04-13, 10:15 PM
I am going to guess you mean the forced air intake on the hood but that's one pricey hood even though it looks sweet lol yes pricey, but i think its worth it! ...If you think about it, its ALOT cheaper then rims! Just the tires for big wheels is a g for a good set! I got a good deal on a set of Lexani tires for my 24's, they were normally just over $1100 and I paid $975! ...I found the hood with the intake system on a couple different websites for 650!

the cadillac man
05-04-13, 11:08 PM
lol yes pricey, but i think its worth it! ...If you think about it, its ALOT cheaper then rims! Just the tires for big wheels is a g for a good set! I got a good deal on a set of Lexani tires for my 24's, they were normally just over $1100 and I paid $975! ...I found the hood with the intake system on a couple different websites for 650!

Sotrure rims are pricier then hoods which I would get first(rims wouldn't last long on my road especially 24 inch rims heck there is potholes as big as my stock 17's )

The hood looks sweet though(I seen a hummer h2 with fog lights in the hood defiantly a different look for a h2 in black wish I had a pic of it)

Jophusp
05-05-13, 08:15 AM
Those 24"s are goofy lookin as hell, might as well throw some Hydraulics on there too. The hood looks different, but I prefer the stock look, ( its not a sports car ). Either way, going to have a hard time getting that money out of it. The Rip Tide Blue looks good Man, There is one here in my town, but they Chromed the livin out of it too. Im sure your truck looks awesome, cant wait to see it.

Sentinelist
05-05-13, 01:28 PM
Holy crap, I had not heard of this iteration! A quick search found the link below, recommended for a quick synopsis. Is this kit still available? As the owner of a supercharged Jag as well, I am interested. Especially since it was never 'offered' for my ESV.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/tuners/112_0206_cadillac_escalade_xs500/viewall.html

the cadillac man
05-05-13, 02:29 PM
Holy crap, I had not heard of this iteration! A quick search found the link below, recommended for a quick synopsis. Is this kit still available? As the owner of a supercharged Jag as well, I am interested. Especially since it was never 'offered' for my ESV.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/tuners/112_0206_cadillac_escalade_xs500/viewall.html

The kit for the escalade is only on the used market as far as I know

Jophusp
05-06-13, 09:19 AM

It is not easy to find many for sale. it is not an option on the new Escalades. But the kit is pretty simple, and all upgrades could be done by someone with minimum experience, except maybe the computer. At least in my case, here is what My XS-500 came with.

Powerdyne BD11-A, 7lbs boost stock. ( Upgraded bearings, belt, and billet impeller, now almost 9lbs boost )
Air Aid cold air intake setup post charger.
Bigger Fuel Pump,
Bigger Injectors,
Dual Exhaust,
Re-programed Computer,
Some minor cosmetic touches,

Sounds like a beast, drives like one too. I love my Lade! so glad I found one.

the cadillac man
05-06-13, 11:34 AM
It is not easy to find many for sale. it is not an option on the new Escalades. But the kit is pretty simple, and all upgrades could be done by someone with minimum experience, except maybe the computer. At least in my case, here is what My XS-500 came with.

Powerdyne BD11-A, 7lbs boost stock. ( Upgraded bearings, belt, and billet impeller, now almost 9lbs boost )
Air Aid cold air intake setup post charger.
Bigger Fuel Pump,
Bigger Injectors,
Dual Exhaust,
Re-programed Computer,
Some minor cosmetic touches,

Sounds like a beast, drives like one too. I love my Lade! so glad I found one.

A tuner might be able to take care of the computer

Silent_Assasin
05-08-13, 02:13 PM
Those 24"s are goofy lookin as hell, might as well throw some Hydraulics on there too. The hood looks different, but I prefer the stock look, ( its not a sports car ). Either way, going to have a hard time getting that money out of it. The Rip Tide Blue looks good Man, There is one here in my town, but they Chromed the livin out of it too. Im sure your truck looks awesome, cant wait to see it. haha yeah I hear ya bout them good ol pot holes! You def have to be alot more cautious driving around town! Those wheels are actually 26's, def not my fav choice of rims, even though he spent 10 gs on them being Lexani's and also they were purchased back when 26's were the biggest wheel you could buy!...as far as the chrome, I absolutly refuse to add non factory chrome to my truck! I honestly think when you start adding all that chrome, like up the door moldings and gas cap etc... only makes the truck look very very cheap! I think the Escalade has chrome in the perfect spots just the way it comes outa the factory!! I love the chrome strip along the running boards and also on the luggage racks! But yeah, I will get some pics of my truck up one of these days, with my winter 20's that are still on it and also when I throw my 24's back on her!

the cadillac man
05-08-13, 02:24 PM
haha yeah I hear ya bout them good ol pot holes! You def have to be alot more cautious driving around town! Those wheels are actually 26's, def not my fav choice of rims, even though he spent 10 gs on them being Lexani's and also they were purchased back when 26's were the biggest wheel you could buy!...as far as the chrome, I absolutly refuse to add non factory chrome to my truck! I honestly think when you start adding all that chrome, like up the door moldings and gas cap etc... only makes the truck look very very cheap! I think the Escalade has chrome in the perfect spots just the way it comes outa the factory!! I love the chrome strip along the running boards and also on the luggage racks! But yeah, I will get some pics of my truck up one of these days, with my winter 20's that are still on it and also when I throw my 24's back on her!

26 inch rims are huge but I prefer the stock 17 inch rims because of the potholes on my road

Silent_Assasin
05-08-13, 02:58 PM
26 inch rims are huge but I prefer the stock 17 inch rims because of the potholes on my road yeah 26's are too big! they look nice the way they fill the wheel well but to much rim not enough tire for this guy! My 24's make NO difference at all in ride or anything, I still have a bigger tire on them with the extra room in the well! So really they dont bother me at all! and they dont seem to throw off my speedometer either! but yes i agree, 26's are too much for a vehicle you actually drive!