: Navigation Routes

donahoe285
04-09-13, 10:09 AM
I am finding the Navigation system does not give the most efficient route in many instances. Example:the route that comes up from the Charlotte airport to Southport NC would have you drive 290 miles through Columbia, SC when the fastest and shortest time is actually about 225 mile going east on US 74-76. It seems to me their software defines fastest as highest speed limit and shortest as fewest miles when what I am looking for is the shortest time between point a and point b. What am I missing? Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem? (I have discussed with Pete in Cue customer service who said they would look into the problem. If I am the only one who finds it a problem, I would not expect any action to correct)

( I have discussed with Pete

Dave Buswell
04-16-13, 12:27 PM
I have had a similar experience. I plugged into the NAV an address in Oak Ridge, TN about 40 miles from my location. Since Interstate 40 is the primary route between the two with only the exit and road from 40 in question, I felt confident the drive would be a walk in the park. Not so! The NAV took me via the "back way" through three little towns all connected by a constantly curving two-lane secondary (tertiary?) road that at night would be deadly. It was a long, tiring ride.

This occurred, however, before the NAV/CUE update that we're all familiar with. Whether this will improve matters is to be seen.

donahoe285
04-17-13, 11:18 PM
My car already had the latest update when I purchased it according to the people at my dealer. I have discussed with Pete at Cue Customer Service wh promised to research the problem. I started the tread think inking I would find lots of people with my experience. So far you and I are it. Thanks for the input.

karlk
04-18-13, 10:09 AM
Have you tried having On Star program your route? I do it that way because for me it is the simplest, but you do talk to a real person and could reques how you want it done such as shortest, fastest, interstate only or avoid interstate etc. The ones I have talked to so far have been really nice and since it's free for the first year I figured I just as well use them:)

lloydsie
04-18-13, 10:55 AM
I agree with the nav problem issue. Cadillac needs to fix this problem. The OnStar tip may help but that's not a fix.

Robert Lloyd

OnStar Advisor
04-19-13, 03:57 PM
Hello Donahoe285,

Karklk is correct. If you have OnStar Directions & Connections, you can press the blue OnStar button in your Cadillac and ask an Advisor for the fastest route. Hope this helps!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

donahoe285
04-19-13, 11:36 PM
I have always known I can get turn by turn from ONSTAR. I prefer the visual route. In fact most of the time I turn off the voice commands. In fact if On
Star can get it right I believe Cadillac Cue should be able to get it right in their programming. (I checked the same route on my neighbor's 5 series and their system got it right.) This is a solvable issue and I believe Cadillac will solve it hopefully in the near future.

kipsts
04-20-13, 09:17 AM
I have always known I can get turn by turn from ONSTAR. I prefer the visual route. In fact most of the time I turn off the voice commands. In fact if On
Star can get it right I believe Cadillac Cue should be able to get it right in their programming. (I checked the same route on my neighbor's 5 series and their system got it right.) This is a solvable issue and I believe Cadillac will solve it hopefully in the near future. When you ask OnStar for directions they can automatically download it directly to CUE and the route shows just as if you had put it in your self. I have used this several times and found it very convenient- especially if I was already driving. :cool2:

donahoe285
04-21-13, 08:45 AM
I find it works OK in major cities. The routes That are a problem seem to be those that the destination is a small town in a more rural area or starting in that rural location. The route I gave in my opening example requires Interstates, four lane state highways and two lane state highways for the most time efficient route. Cue does not select the two lane state highway in fastest mode and does not select the the four lane state highway in ECO mode.