: Up Next For Cadillac: ATS Convertible Or Coupe?

rustybear3
04-09-13, 09:45 AM
I know the coupe is next on the list...but I would also dearly love a convertible treatment. The ATS sure has the lines to make a sweet roadster. Also, should a Flagship sedan or a CUV be next on the Cadillac development list?

Bertha D Blues
04-09-13, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't mind having an ATS shooting brake. Bert

SLA
04-09-13, 09:46 PM
Shooting brake? Lol How's the weather on the other side of the pond his time of the year?

A wagon would be cool. A vert? Meh. trunk space is already at a premium.

I'd rather see a vert on a separate smaller alpha Caddy...like a semi luxury Code 130R

Stevo Supremo
04-09-13, 10:05 PM
well they did an amazing job on the CTS coupe, I'm sure an ATS coupe will be there most beautiful car yet

rustybear3
04-09-13, 10:06 PM
The style of the ATS would certainly lend itself to a sleek looking shooting brake ....as well as a dynamically looking convert. Screw the trunk space...

Stevo Supremo
04-09-13, 11:07 PM
shooting break? well I suppose if we're on that side of the pond

the ATS saloon car already looks brilliant! I think a convertible would look wonderful! if only there were still room in boot. A coupe would look smashing and an estate version would be quite practical indeed.

gohawks63
04-09-13, 11:46 PM
I know the coupe is next on the list...but I would also dearly love a convertible treatment. The ATS sure has the lines to make a sweet roadster. Also, should a Flagship sedan or a CUV be next on the Cadillac development list?

There was a recent story I read that Cadillac may now be considering building a CTS coupe off of the new platform after all. This after initial reports that the ATS would get the coupe. Their reason was that since the coupe was introduced, it accounted for a third of CTS sales. The wagon for the CTS is definitely dead.

I can't imagine that they would build BOTH an ATS and CTS coupe.

Fraggy
04-10-13, 12:58 AM
There was a recent story I read that Cadillac may now be considering building a CTS coupe off of the new platform after all. This after initial reports that the ATS would get the coupe. Their reason was that since the coupe was introduced, it accounted for a third of CTS sales. The wagon for the CTS is definitely dead.

I can't imagine that they would build BOTH an ATS and CTS coupe.

I hope they do, but we'll see.

CTSCHICK
04-10-13, 01:15 AM
I hope it is an ATS Coupe so that it will be lighter and faster , hopefully a little more aggressive looking to

Mullah88
04-10-13, 07:06 AM
A cts Grand coupe design would look lovely. Since cadillac is softening the lines of the car, a swooping roof line will look good on the ct...plus gm gets to take another crack on getting the rear looking as good as the rest of the car

maxima10
04-10-13, 07:39 AM

I highly doubt they do much more than introduce a V to the lineup unless they rid themselves of the CTS Coupe