: Lazy Computer

Earlle
04-09-13, 08:41 AM
I have an 06 SRX V6 with 138,000 miles. Having trouble getting it inspected because all of the computer codes are not being read properly. Here in NY we have to have all of them read OK to pass inspection. There are 7 codes which get read. Five of mine are OK, two show incomplete. They aren't fails, but they are not OK. We have re-set twice now. The two which will not read are Catalyst Monitor and Oxygen Sensor Monitor. I would be grateful for advice to get these monitors working or what the next step should be.

glake89
04-09-13, 09:30 AM
What are the DTC #s?

rlh6805
04-09-13, 12:37 PM
They aren't codes, they are OBD Monitor status results. I just did a Google search and came up with this:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html

Try it and see if the two monitors will run.

SFVetteman
04-10-13, 03:31 PM
You need to take it out on the road for about and hour and let the computer run the tests. There are different conditions that must be met before the computer will run a test. If you clear codes or do a reset all results are wiped out and you have to start from scratch again. Some like the evap emissions test can only be done cold others like the catalyst can only be done hot. If you google around there is a driving procedure that will help it go faster but usually a cold start, stop and go driving and a freeway cruise with acceleration and deceleration will do it.

Hope this helps,

Bill