: quick ? about removing the compressor for your suspension

chacho44
04-08-13, 02:08 AM
A local used parts store has a compressor in stock. My ? Is while I'm removing the compressor do have to worry about my truck losing air in the rear shocks? I never messed with this ever, compressor has not been working sinve I owned the truck and it haz never lowered so i wanna say the shocks are fine, and its not the relay. Ill do a bench test on the compressor first before I buy the other to make sure its the problem. But I just wanna make sure the truck will not lower on me while the compressor is out. Thanks

the cadillac man
04-08-13, 03:12 AM
A local used parts store has a compressor in stock. My ? Is while I'm removing the compressor do have to worry about my truck losing air in the rear shocks? I never messed with this ever, compressor has not been working sinve I owned the truck and it haz never lowered so i wanna say the shocks are fine, and its not the relay. Ill do a bench test on the compressor first before I buy the other to make sure its the problem. But I just wanna make sure the truck will not lower on me while the compressor is out. Thanks

It won't unless it is higher then normal ride hight
I had both my shocks blow out on me and the trucks ride hight never lowered unless I had a trailer on the hitch

chacho44
04-08-13, 03:00 PM
It has never lowered since I owned it. I do t think the shock are blown out since its never lowered, and cause it still rides fine.

the cadillac man
04-08-13, 05:55 PM
It has never lowered since I owned it. I do t think the shock are blown out since its never lowered, and cause it still rides fine.

The way to check is the spray test
Take some soapy water in a spray bottle and soak both shocks while working the rear up and down that will tell us if the shocks have any leaks