: I just spent 2 days........

bravnik
04-08-13, 02:32 AM
Washing/Waxing my Car. I had taken my car to get the CUE update and they washed it leaving behind swirl city and halos. So I took it upon myself to detail it.

Wash/Clay/Wash followed by 3x Cutting, 2x Polish and 1x Wax.

I have never done this before and didn't realize exactly how hard and long the process is. This was with a Porter Cable DA with 3D Professional Pads and HD products. I started Saturday around 1:30pm and called it a night around 11pm. I picked up where I left off at 11:30am this morning and finished at 10:30pm. I only stopped to eat both days so literally I spent my entire weekend Washing/Waxing. I have a new respect for those that make a living doing this.

The end result is well worth the effort for the 30m it will stay dust free :)

I wanted to take some pictures but I finished too late. Man what a leaning experience.

Hoosier Daddy
04-08-13, 09:59 AM
This is why I NEVER let a dealer wash my cars.

You should mention who the dealer was so others in the area can make an informed decision about letting them wash their car.

hood101010
04-08-13, 05:01 PM
Never let dealer wash your car.

ben.gators
04-08-13, 05:51 PM
^
that and put a big, giant note on the dash and hang another one from the rear view mirror which say: Please do NOT wash my car!

maxima10
04-08-13, 08:29 PM
Washing/Waxing my Car. I had taken my car to get the CUE update and they washed it leaving behind swirl city and halos. So I took it upon myself to detail it.

Wash/Clay/Wash followed by 3x Cutting, 2x Polish and 1x Wax.

I have never done this before and didn't realize exactly how hard and long the process is. This was with a Porter Cable DA with 3D Professional Pads and HD products. I started Saturday around 1:30pm and called it a night around 11pm. I picked up where I left off at 11:30am this morning and finished at 10:30pm. I only stopped to eat both days so literally I spent my entire weekend Washing/Waxing. I have a new respect for those that make a living doing this.

The end result is well worth the effort for the 30m it will stay dust free :)

I wanted to take some pictures but I finished too late. Man what a leaning experience.

No clean Lac pics?

zr1mom
04-08-13, 08:31 PM
My dealer looks at my car and always says to me you don't want us to wash you car do you. :thumbsup:

Hoosier Daddy
04-08-13, 08:33 PM
^
that and put a big, giant note on the dash and hang another one from the rear view mirror which say: Please do NOT wash my car!
My note doesn't say please. It says: do NOT wash my car because suicide (by customer) is illegal and a sin. ;)

bravnik
04-09-13, 11:15 AM
LOL - No pics. I got off of work and rode BART home. When I got to my car it was a nice deep pool of black with a nice layer of Yellow coating the entire car. Have to love pollen season with a black car. However, there is not a swirl to be seen. After this weekend you can guarantee that I will have a note saying "do NOT wash my car" at my next service.

Bullsweet
04-19-13, 11:23 AM
Just created an index card to put in my car top make sure they know not to wash mine next time. That's got to be the worst car wash ever. I might as well go to Autobell.