: Posting new thread

Late50'sCaddy
04-07-13, 02:38 PM
How do you do it? I went to several sub-forums but couldn't figure out how to post a new thread as I didn't see any "Post New Thread" buttons to click on until I finally stumbled onto one in this particular field. I'm brand new to this forum and not in ANY way a computer geek. We (computer & I) just do not get along. I am a member of the AACA forum site as I have a friend with an old '56 Buick that needs occassional fixing. Every sub-forum there has a blank box with a "Post New Thread" button to click on underneath the box which makes it very easy for a computer idiot like me to start a new thread. This site is different as I didn't see any blank boxes with a "Post New Thread" button to click on. I'm totally confused. Sorry.
Dave

Submariner409
04-07-13, 02:59 PM
On every forum threads page there should be a blue "Post new thread" tab in the upper left area. Same place as in this forum.

Let me take a look at your login and settings. Back in 5 minutes.

...........................I see nothing in your personal info or subscription that would prevent you from posting. Let me copy this thread to Admin. It may take a while for action - Sundays are "business quiet" in here.

cardonaic
04-10-14, 05:37 PM
Same problem, registered to post a question and can't find a post a new post. Not a thread.

Submariner409
04-10-14, 06:03 PM
Go into your profile and set your preferences to "view newest threads/posts first". That stops all the 11 year old stuff from opening first. You can do a LOT with the Profile and Settings tabs.

C@ddy
01-04-15, 12:10 PM
I am unable to post a new thread, there is now tab or link anywhere on this page to do so, unless I just can't find it, but I've looked for 20 minutes. Please help!

Submariner409
01-04-15, 04:32 PM
You cannot post a new thread from a thread; you may only reply. You need to go back to the main forum page - upper left - "Post new thread". At the top of this page is a line that says "Help Desk - Site News and Site Problems ONLY". Click that link and it takes you to the main Site page.

Your site preferences are probably set to "view oldest posts/threads first" so you always open past history, never new stuff. That's why this older dead thread came up first. You can change that by editing your profile.

If you have site problems, post them here. If you have car questions, please post them in your proper model/year group forum(s).

C@ddy
01-04-15, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your response!