: ATS Rear Sway Bar End Links - INSTALLED - WOW

FDNY-L107
04-07-13, 12:23 PM
Hello Folks,

As I previously posted, I had my rear sway bar end links installed this past Friday by BWoody Performance. Please note the below installation pictures. All I can say is WOW!! These links firmed up the rear sway bar WITHOUT affecting ride quality. Easy install, less than 1 hour and the comparison pics of the stock vs BWoody links, speak for them selves. This is an easy mod, does not affect warranty and really helps firm up the rear end. I believe you can even get these on eBay with a FREE choice in color (these links are powdercoated). I would HIGHLY recommend getting these on - you will be pleased. No clearance issues and these come with all required hardware. Any questions, just give them a call and ask for Mike.

mikesul
04-07-13, 04:10 PM
Did you put in new bolts or reuse the old ones?

FDNY-L107
04-07-13, 10:08 PM
The kit comes with all new Grade 8 bolts and washers. We reused the lower ones.

Fraggy
04-08-13, 02:00 AM
The rear end can use a little work. Wiggles around a little. I'll have to try this. My first real mod. I SO don't wanna go down the modding road again......

cztrammell
04-10-13, 04:53 PM
The rear end can use a little work. Wiggles around a little. I'll have to try this. My first real mod. I SO don't wanna go down the modding road again......

I agree. I haven't had the car for a month yet, and parts like these make the mod bug come knocking. I wanted to wait at least a few months..

mikesul
04-10-13, 11:25 PM
I'm in agreement, but I can't stop. :)

FDNY-L107
04-16-13, 05:09 PM
Remember, order on ebay and get these in almost any powder coated color for free.

louie1487
06-25-13, 06:20 PM
Just installed these and one thing Bwoody did not mention was that the sway bar bolt hole has to be drilled a little larger, in order for the bolt to fit. Want to make everyone aware. I have the 2.5L. Not sure if FDNY-L107 has the magnetic ride control, but for the standard sport suspension its not exactly direct bolt on.

Fraggy
06-25-13, 11:00 PM
Can u describe the improvement in handling a bit?

mikesul
06-25-13, 11:25 PM
Didn't have to drill mine with the performance suspension. Much tighter feel in the corners and a more planted car.

FDNY-L107
06-26-13, 11:38 AM
Just installed these and one thing Bwoody did not mention was that the sway bar bolt hole has to be drilled a little larger, in order for the bolt to fit. Want to make everyone aware. I have the 2.5L. Not sure if FDNY-L107 has the magnetic ride control, but for the standard sport suspension its not exactly direct bolt on.

Humm....we took the measurements and specs off my 2.0T sport suspension wo/MRC with no drilling required. Interesting that you had to drill - there must a different sway bar used with MRC. Thanks.

----------

Didn't have to drill mine with the performance suspension. Much tighter feel in the corners and a more planted car.

That is exactly what you can expect! :) These help take the slop out of the rear end.

Thunder Gray STS
06-27-13, 02:47 PM
I agree. I haven't had the car for a month yet, and parts like these make the mod bug come knocking. I wanted to wait at least a few months..

I wanted to mod the first day. Came out of a CTS V to a 2.0 turbo.

flycaster
06-29-13, 12:30 PM
I'm always into a little modding as long as I have good enough instructions to give me the courage to do it. Could I get a brief description of how to do the install?

FDNY-L107
06-30-13, 07:13 PM
I'm always into a little modding as long as I have good enough instructions to give me the courage to do it. Could I get a brief description of how to do the install?

Sure thing. Just give Mike a call at BWoody Performance. He can step you through this easy install.

netring
09-10-13, 03:11 AM
Has anyone else tried this mod? is it fairly simple?

mechevar
09-10-13, 09:20 AM
Definitely tempting....Gotta fight the mod temptation. Any special equipment needed for the install?

mikesul
09-10-13, 09:35 AM
No special equipment needed, although a lift makes it much easier.

Atswatcher
09-10-13, 06:31 PM
Can this be done at the front?

mikesul
09-10-13, 11:17 PM
Not yet.

netring
09-12-13, 10:04 PM
I recieved the sway bar links today, plan on installing them over the weekend. I know polyurethane bushings need greasing, but im inexperienced in this sort of thing, starting out my mods small. Does the whole bushing need to be taken apart to be greased inside where the outer edge of the polyurethane makes contact with the inner part of the metal that holds it? Or is it just the faces that need lubrication? Also, i noticed the metal sleeve extends out past the bushing, does it need to be shaved down so the washer is laying flat on the bushing?
Thanks for answering my questions if you have time!

netring
10-07-13, 08:26 PM
Anyone else get these?

thebucky84
10-08-13, 09:35 AM
This may be put on my list of mods to do. I've experienced BWoody end links in past vehicles and was always impressed.

FDNY-L107
10-08-13, 02:15 PM
Just give Mike @ BWoody a call and he will gladly walk you through his recommended lub and installation tips. Those are mine in the initial post pics - and now with almost 20K miles on them, not one squeak, rattle or hummmm......

FYI, for those who are interested, I did go ahead and replace both my front and rear sway bar bushings with Energy Suspension universals. Nice upgrade and does not make a harsh ride - again, just firms things up a bit more. Note though, the front bushings are actually impregnated onto the bar itself and was a bitch to remove. The rears took 15 mins to change out.

mikesul
10-08-13, 02:58 PM
Great info FDNY. I think I will wait until the ATS-V comes out and see what they have done for the "V" setup. I do like my BWoody rear links, they are worth the price. :)