: '04 SRX AWD Right Rear Suspension

schnel1968
04-07-13, 12:19 PM
Love our SRX! It's an exotic car though so we accept some of the quirkyness. So, latest thing wondering if anyone else has had this happen...

At moderate to higher speeds I have noticed that when the right rear tire/wheel encounters a bump, particularly when turning to the left, the car seems to destabilize and "skip" out, almost like there is a shock absorber issue. Car only has 61k miles so I can't believe that it needs all new shocks...Has anyone experienced this? Any thought or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

TimRSRX777
04-07-13, 12:31 PM
Which suspension do you have?

08SRX
04-07-13, 12:40 PM
What you are experiencing is not normal behavior. I would check for any loose components in suspension and brakes. Also, does the vehicle have standard tire/wheel sizes or have they been "upgraded"? If the overall size is too large, the tire may be contacting something and thus, jerk the vehicle.

conedoctor
04-08-13, 12:23 PM
Shock could be worn out, all miles are not created the same, it could have had a bumpy life.

As mentioned, do you have MRC?

The car is almost 10 years old and that would be a great life for shocks IMO, it may also only be 1 shock but again 10 years and 60k is not bad.

Please people don't bring up the fact you had a 67 whatever that never burned oil and the shocks lasted for 31 years.

schnel1968
04-14-13, 03:05 PM
Thanks! And, yes it does have MRC. Thinking its the right rear shock.